993 Turbo Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle to compliment 993 Turbo

Old 09-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SolomonChris....understood and all I was trying to say to Chris(OP) is follow your heart but use your head. Heck maybe he can buy the Duc and a nija250(or equivalent) and learn on that. No matter what he shouldn't be in a rush. For me I leveraged years of racing and high HP experience to help me with my 2 wheel endeavors and it worked. But you're right it may not be the best for anyone else.

For anyone who his owned or driven high HP cars(700+ hp) the sensation of speed on a sport bike isn't a shocking as you might think...at least to me it isn't. Again each person is unique and contains naturals talents and the best thing one can do is NOT have an ego when it comes to riding and to be honest with yourself and your abilities. And yes in-case anyone is thinking it, NO I don't consider my 993tt is a high hp car.

Last edited by Slate993tt; 09-22-2014 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:27 PM
carmstrongls1
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Duc

I ended up cutting a deal on the ducati. I'm going to take some good classes and search for a 250 ninja that hasn't been beaten to death by college freshmen and start out on that. Plus the wife can ride the ninja. Family fun.

The price was right. I'll take it slow. I ended up scoring the Duc, helmet, and a very nice jacket for $7.2k. 2500 easy miles. Great deal IMHO.

One thing I like about it a lot is the torque it makes. So easy to roll off with. No rapping out the revs to take off from stops.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motorcycle to compliment 993 Turbo