Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 GT2 alignment specifications?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 AM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 993 GT2 alignment specifications?

Does anyone have the factory alignment specifications for the road version GT2? I am curious what camber numbers these 2WD cars used.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:04 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm assuming the alignment wasn't that far off of the RS specs since they shared the same suspension components for the most part. Do some searching on the 993 forum for the RS alignment specs and you will find what you need.

Your alignment will depend entirely on how you are using the car (street/track) and what kind of tires your running etc. Many variables there
Old 08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Spartan
Your alignment will depend entirely on how you are using the car (street/track) and what kind of tires your running etc. Many variables there
For sure

Can anyone confirm that the 993 RS and 993 GT2 shared the same factory alignment specs?
Old 08-17-2009, 02:50 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here you go. I was told these are evo specs, so probably too extreme for the street.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:03 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

From P-CAR Website:
http://p-car.com/susfaq/alignment.html
Old 08-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Barney1
Three Wheelin'

Did that on my car for the street, and had to put a set of tires on it 7,000 miles later...Went around corners awsum though.....
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Tour18
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Barney1
Did that on my car for the street, and had to put a set of tires on it 7,000 miles later...Went around corners awsum though.....
Same here. I'll stick to street car settings next time.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:21 AM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

I thought this info would be easy to find. I guess not

The 993 RS specs are still very mild at just over 1deg of negative camber. I am sure that most RS owners who spend much time on the track dial in more camber.

I am curious what Porsche did with the street GT2 since it has way more power (torque) than the RS, more weight and a larger front to rear tire stagger. It is difficult to believe that they used the same alignment specs.

The GT2 race car specs listed above are very radical and only apply to a full-on track car running non-DOT slicks.

Last edited by Tuner1; 08-20-2009 at 12:22 AM. Reason: 1
Old 08-20-2009, 06:48 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Tuner1

The racing settings given here for the EVO are not to be used for your car. Not because they are radical, but they simply do not apply at all to a street car because of tire construction and sidewall height, car height, car weight, downforce, suspension and springs, etc, etc... You cannot achieve these height settings with your suspension most likely, and these are for slick tires, notice how each brand needs different setups, imagine how different the optimal setup can be for a totally different tire construction such as DOTs!

For a dual purpose 2WD, GT2 like weight or a bit more, on DOT Semi-slicks, what I tested and works very well and very fast on the track was -2.3 Front, -2.1 rear (also used -2.0 and -2.0 with very good results), Toe close to zero in the front, Castor and height per stock RS specs. Kinematic Toe adjustment is crucial. This was very confortable on the street as well, except some tramlining/nervousness, but I have 265s in the front.

You can get 100s of different opinions, use a GPS datalogger and do some laps and test a bit. There is no right or wrong setting, just how comfortable you are with it and your driving style.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

The racing settings given here for the EVO are not to be used for your car. Not because they are radical, but they simply do not apply at all to a street car because of tire construction and sidewall height, car height, car weight, downforce, suspension and springs, etc, etc...
For sure, which is why I said " The GT2 race car specs listed above are very radical and only apply to a full-on track car running non-DOT slicks. "

For a dual purpose 2WD, GT2 like weight or a bit more, on DOT Semi-slicks, what I tested and works very well and very fast on the track was -2.3 Front, -2.1 rear (also used -2.0 and -2.0 with very good results), Toe close to zero in the front, Castor and height per stock RS specs.
Exactly what I was thinking. I am going to try -2.0 front and -1.8 rear.

It would still be nice to see what the factory set the street GT2 at.

Quick Reply: 993 GT2 alignment specifications?