Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Quick product reviews: Metro Master Blaster car dryer and BE PRESSURE chassis washer

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 11:01 PM
bobboinski
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

What about just using an air compressor and a blow gun nozzle?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:52 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by bobboinski
What about just using an air compressor and a blow gun nozzle?
See original post. Unless you have a large capacity air compressor, it simply won't get the job done.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:25 AM
_snowbird_
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's amazing how many swirls and scuffs are installed just by drying with towels - even when using MF towels made for the job. Air drying is by far the best thing you can do to avoid adding new swirls to a polished finish.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:35 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by squidge
"8HP" and runs off a standard 120v wall outlet. Right...:

1HP = 750 watts
120v @ 20 amps = 2400 watts peak, or ~1920 sustained
8HP = 6000 watts required

I'm not doubting that it works well, just find that kind of marketing crap annoying.
You noticed that too.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:09 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd done the leaf blower thing for a long time after I swore off towel drying. Towel drying, even with the best of materials can cause swirl marks and scratches. I'd even used one of those silicone drying blades (not on the 993) but after seeing a video on how much damage those things can do, I threw it in the trash.

I started doing some research on the MasterBlaster. I thought it was pretty pricey too, But after my detailer said it was the only way to go, I went on the hunt for a used one. I even put a post up in the Concours & Care Care Forum to get some feedback on the MasterBlaster and Vac-n-Blo (https://rennlist.com/forums/concours...vac-n-blo.html). There's some feedback in that post that some here may find helpful.

I managed to track down a used one. I bought the wall rack kit and 30' ft hose and mounted it in my garage.

I'm very happy with it. It especially helps get water out of the space between the lower edge of the taillights/center reflector and top of the rear bumper.

I agree that it doesn't reduce drying time much vs. towel drying, but it does a much better job overall with getting the car fully dry and eliminating the possibility of scratches and swirl marks.

Just my .02
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2017, 03:28 PM
AZ Targa
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How loud is the MasterBlaster? I was thinking about getting one for awhile, but if it was as loud as a shopvac would be too loud for me.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:44 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ Targa
How loud is the MasterBlaster? I was thinking about getting one for awhile, but if it was as loud as a shopvac would be too loud for me.
Louder than a shop-vac, for sure. Not much louder than a leaf blower. When you hit the cross drilled rotors, it's super loud.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:46 PM
bobboinski
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark in Baltimore
See original post. Unless you have a large capacity air compressor, it simply won't get the job done.
Sorry, I missed that.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:05 AM
dandyw
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought the Master Blaster. Er I used credit card points to get it, so it cost me nothing!!
I love it when I can do that. You need to be careful on the compressor option, because the air has to be clean and dry. If you don't have proper filtration, then you'll squirt greasy watery air on your car. An electric leaf blower can be used, but you need to be careful with the hard plastic. The Master Blaster has a soft nozzle, so that's a plus.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 AM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've recently converted to doing rinseless washes and have no need to blow water off, and what little water there is on the car is buffed off with the spray wax that goes on the still-wet surface.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:41 PM
993KHTO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both the highest powered master blaster and a high powered back pack blower. I've used them both. I prefer the master blaster. In addition I have an air compressor, but I don't use it to dry my 993. Concerned possible droplets of condensation or oil might come through--though it's not happened to me...

Quick Reply: Quick product reviews: Metro Master Blaster car dryer and BE PRESSURE chassis washer