Sponsored by:

Help troubleshooting new 993 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 12:42 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Marius993
Any recommendations on where to order belts and pulleys?
For OEM belts and pulleys...
http://www.sunsetimports.com
or
http://www.suncoastparts.com
Old 10-19-2016, 05:53 PM
squidge
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts

It's likely to be related to belts or pulleys, but can also absolutely be the alternator bearings, especially if that's still the original. I just went through this on my car and documented it all, look for my "personal alternator/fan pulley debacle" thread.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Cemoto
For the car or the girlfriend?
Post of the day!
Old 10-20-2016, 10:59 AM
Marius993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rdelvalle
Check out this posting:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...op-issues.html

I wrote the explanation of the damaging of the transmission.

Enjoy your new car. To me one of the greatest pleasures with mine is doing all the work myself, to each its own. This is a superb forum with great people. If it was not for this forum I would have not been able to do all the work I have done in my car.

Welcome to the club
Hi again!

Thought I would have a look at this the coming weekend. I have opened the roof once manually to make sure it functioned, but I would like to get it back to electric mode.

Unfortunatly I loosened both bolts holding the cab, but it seems to be the one on the left hand side that is stuck. If I unplug it from the motor, kan I take the cable transmission out of the car and try to open it to se, or would that mess things up?

I feel I can write and read english at a good level, but I get confused sometimes and need to be sure.

And say the cables are fixed again. How do i align with both the bolts loose?
Old 10-21-2016, 03:16 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,556 Likes on 1,099 Posts

I havent had a good look at the pads yet, but know the rotors were new last year. So would be surprised if they are worn down from the 5000-6000 km since they were replaced, presuming pads and rotors were changed at the same time.
Rotors are typically long wearing items. The original rotors on my car lasted 90K miles before being at the threshold minimum thickness. It is easy to tell if the rotors only have a few thousand miles on them as the pads do not extend quite to the edge of the rotor and worn rotors have a pronounced outer edge ridge that forms as the pads wear into the rotor.
Andy
Old 10-24-2016, 03:56 AM
Marius993
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pp000830

Rotors are typically long wearing items. The original rotors on my car lasted 90K miles before being at the threshold minimum thickness. It is easy to tell if the rotors only have a few thousand miles on them as the pads do not extend quite to the edge of the rotor and worn rotors have a pronounced outer edge ridge that forms as the pads wear into the rotor.
Andy
Rotors are good. Havent had time to look at the pads yet.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:47 PM
Rdelvalle
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi again!

Thought I would have a look at this the coming weekend. I have opened the roof once manually to make sure it functioned, but I would like to get it back to electric mode.

Unfortunatly I loosened both bolts holding the cab, but it seems to be the one on the left hand side that is stuck. If I unplug it from the motor, kan I take the cable transmission out of the car and try to open it to se, or would that mess things up?

I feel I can write and read english at a good level, but I get confused sometimes and need to be sure.

And say the cables are fixed again. How do i align with both the bolts loose?
I will try to help you. First what happened to he top when it failed? Did it stop when you were lowering the top? Or did one side of the top stopped and the other side continued?.

If it stopped and both side of the top were even then it is most likely the motor control board.

If when you were lowering the top one side kept going and the other side stopped kind of twisting the frame then it is the cable. This is a more dangerous situation if you do not stop as it can bend the frame.

First you need to do some trouble shooting to determine what failed. Let us know how it failed
Old 01-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Marius993
Intermediate

Hi again!

I finally have time to adresse this problem.

Problem in short. I opened the roof. It stopped midway open and would not budge either way.

I loosened both bolts and opened and closed the roof manually.

When disconnected I can hear the cable on the right side move, but not the one on the drivers side. It seams stuck.

Time for cable replacement? And where can I order new cables from?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Marius993
Intermediate

And also. Where can I buy the cover for the cab when its open? I seem to be missing mine and previous owner has never used it and does not know of it.

Quick Reply: Help troubleshooting new 993 Cab