993 Forum 1995-1998

When turning off the car

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 02:03 PM
HAKOSUKA
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When turning off the car

I got a question. Im not sure or my mind is playing tricks on me, but i can remember thst when i turn off my car the interior lights will come on. Or maybe that is with my other car?
Well thing is i changed some lights for led first was the interior ones then became obsessed with it and it came the trunk the licence plates and last the engine compartment.
Last night (coule of days after installation) after parking the car i noticed that interior lights wont turn on after i turn the ignition off, it will only turn on after doors are opened. Now all of this said want to make sure if this is the case with ur cars as well, or there is something wrong that i did while chaging to those LED maybe some part of the circuit or one of the Led is not responding. (All of them light up) Just lazy to do one by one and see if it was the lightning or just my memory is off
Old 09-25-2016, 04:19 PM
Railmaster.
Three Wheelin'

Received 107 Likes on 78 Posts

Must be some other car!
Old 09-25-2016, 06:53 PM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you sure the light fixtures are in the right position? The middle position makes the lights come on when the power is off, left makes them not turn on, and right turns on all the time, IIRC.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:29 PM
HAKOSUKA
Advanced

Originally Posted by Railmaster.
Must be some other car!
Well juat wanted to make sure or my ocd will kick in and tey to fix it

Originally Posted by phoneyman
Are you sure the light fixtures are in the right position? The middle position makes the lights come on when the power is off, left makes them not turn on, and right turns on all the time, IIRC.
Yes it is working as it should be, but just making sure its not when i open the door. Bsecause my other car, not 993 when turning ignition off right away the lights turn on
Old 09-25-2016, 10:40 PM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Your post made me think, so I went out and did a sanity check. My dome lights did not turn on until the ignition was off and the door was opened.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:55 PM
HAKOSUKA
Advanced

Originally Posted by phoneyman
Your post made me think, so I went out and did a sanity check. My dome lights did not turn on until the ignition was off and the door was opened.
Thanks man! Realky helpful... Just to make sure u had the car on and then switch off right?
Thanks so much for the check
Old 09-26-2016, 10:57 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,018 Posts

• One position turns the lights on and then off as needed
  • One keeps them off all the time
  • One runs your battery down overnight and requires that your car get a jump in the morning.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:36 AM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LuisMarcos
Thanks man! Realky helpful... Just to make sure u had the car on and then switch off right?
Thanks so much for the check
Yes, i ran an errand, pulled into the garage, switched ignition off (dome lights still off), pulled the key, and opened the door (dome lights turned ON). Then shut the door, then locked with immobilizer (dome lights turned OFF).

Quick Reply: When turning off the car