Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Sway bar diameter question - 20mm vs. 21mm for front

Old 08-23-2016, 09:56 PM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

My car came with M032 suspension interestingly enough. The PSS10 is a big difference in stiffness. I know that going from a 17mm rear sway to anything will be a huge improvement.

Thanks all for the input. I'm not going to track this car, so DE days and track instruction is out, but getting it to feel more planted on the street is exactly what I'm looking for.

BTW, the only place I was able to find RS bars was from Carnewal, and those were €1200. Any place in the US that you know about that's cheaper? Sunset and sun coast didn't have them, nor did pelican.

Also, the bird is the word.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:17 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 337 Posts
Default I had them, should have...

kept them, maybe? The M030 RoW struts/shocks and springs and drop links FIT, and they work...and they used to be affordable....don't know anymore. The springs are a little shorter as I recall, hence lower the car a bit. I had this set up on the track and it was awesome, OK on the street too. All was well until I was seduced by some cheapo used PSS9s and TRG sway bars. The PSS9s were fine, but the TRG bars generally sucked...the front was too big (26mm?), the rears were impossible to adjust...but they were cheap....I got what I paid for, cheap crap.

But that was then, and this is now.....I won't bore you with my upgrades.

Last edited by Martin S.; 08-23-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:54 AM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Edward
Or better yet, the RoW M030 from the TT that measure 22mm/21mm, which does even more to reduce understeer, yielding a crisp-handling sports car ride with neutral balance.
1. Far less pricey than all the alternatives, incl the RS
2. Perfect fitment, bushes, links, and all ,making for the easiest installation
3. OE quality because it is OE.
+1, great set up. very planted.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:05 PM
NYC993
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jskylarwilson

BTW, the only place I was able to find RS bars was from Carnewal, and those were €1200. Any place in the US that you know about that's cheaper? Sunset and sun coast didn't have them, nor did pelican.

Also, the bird is the word.
Got mine from sunset. $860 for bars and hardware. You can reuse front oem drop-links, in fact that's the only option with AWD. For rear you can get adjustable tarret drop links.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sway bar diameter question - 20mm vs. 21mm for front