Sponsored by: DashLynx

She's here

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 10:54 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,456 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Now the fun part. Seeing what the previous owner added/upgraded/serviced on it. Did the PO add the lights to the rear center reflector? Are the engine or transmission covers in place??, Seeing the miles what upgrades / replacements to the struts/springs are mounted?, Sort of a fun and informative whodoneit.
Enjoy the car!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:48 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfGerman
It's a driver with chips and scratches, etc. and 129000 miles.
The best kind! I've had FAR more fun with mine than I would have with a Garage Queen. And a wonderful color...AR!

Key surround - Get Magic Eraser sponge and try that first. Works wonders on rough plastic to get stuff out of the crevices.
Seats - Leatherique product will help you recondition the seats.

Maintain, drive, enjoy!

(Note: "worry" isn't in that^^^ list!!! )
Old 07-27-2016, 02:45 PM
HalfGerman
Rennlist Member

Received 195 Likes on 133 Posts

Thanks all for the kind words. Pics make it look a lot better than in person. Still looking at records, two shops worked on the car and gave me printouts of their service and looking things over. I have the window sticker! Looks like I am the 3rd owner. Did some online searching and found: First was a doctor and then he passed in '02 and it was his wife's, she transferred the title to her name. So no mods to the car other that the shocks.

Rear shocks were replaced in '02 with Bilsteins, but no mention of the fronts? Need to lift her up and give a look. All 4 wheels have some scrapes on them. Mismatched tires, fronts are Zexius, rears are Toyo Proxes S4 (6 yrs old). Will need to address the Dr door check strap.

I don't think I will try a drivers event just yet, especially with those tires. Will just drive the rest of this year (in NH that means only until Oct),fix, learn about the car.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:11 PM
The Eagle
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Be careful, tires of 6 years old are dangerous and I would replace them. The rubber in the tires dries out.

~ The Eagle ~
---------------------

'96 Polar Silver/Black C4S, manual, litronics, LED's in the positioning lights, alu/leather shifter & handbrake,
silver face gauges with alu rings, hardback sport seats, full leather interior, motor sound airbox, stainless door sills,
valve caps Porsche crested brushed alloy, front protection bar, with split rear grill and layered with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax

'92 Carrera 2 (Sold)
'89 Carrera 3.2 (Sold)

Quick Reply: She's here