Old 11-27-2016, 10:14 AM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

damn. this is magnificent.
Old 11-28-2016, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 52 Posts

Glad you are all liking it. It s an ongoing process that never ends. Addressing the engine, transmission, and sunroof delete are all on the list.

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
I have one seat that appears to be an authentic RS sport seat. I bought it out of Germany from a seller who said he took it out of a genuine RS. The seat was painted black and has no stickers, so I cannot verify authenticity. There is no trampoline, but it has the distinctive ribbing on the back and correct stitching on the leather cover, and it is in very good condition just needing fresh paint. There are no sliders, but likely would work with Pole Position hardware. I had planned to install it as my driver's seat, thinking that if it is not the real thing it is a very good replica. Some of the early 911s were ordered that way, with a racing driver seat and standard passenger seat. But I am now thinking of having the stock seats rebuilt as soft back sport seats. I might be persuaded to part with it if you are interested. You'd be stuck with a mismatched leather pole position for the passenger side unless you could find another single, and you would still have to buy sliders, etc. Let me know if you are interested and I will get in contact with you to discuss.
Thank you for the offer. It's something I would love to have, but I think it would well out of my price range.

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
Are you aware that Recaro has a "custom" program whereas you can either choose different leather color options from them or you can supply your own. When you supply your own, they charge you a "surcharge" but it's off a base cloth seat price so quite reasonable. I was thinking/planning to go this route and have them build a seat with the multiple colors/shades of leather like the RS seats were offered as well as the unique stitching like the RS cushions.
I am aware of the program and that is actually what I was planning. A pair of leather pole positions with the inserts reupholstered in a dark gray leather to match the real versions. Won't be exact, but I think it should look good still.

Question...the grey inserts were 993 RS and the color gradient inserts were 964 RS correct?
Old 12-04-2016, 07:13 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 89 Posts

[QUOTE=405;13775326]Glad you are all liking it. It s an ongoing process that never ends. Addressing the engine, transmission, and sunroof delete are all on the list.

The car is a wonderful looker that's without question , does this statement refer to a regear or removal of front drive pumpkin ?

( Have complete removal in my GT and never looked back )

Bert
Old 12-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Both actually. I would like to regear the transmission and I would eventually like to convert it to rwd to shed some weight and get me closer to the RS experience.

Did you notice a big change going to rwd?
Old 12-05-2016, 02:15 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 405
Both actually. I would like to regear the transmission and I would eventually like to convert it to rwd to shed some weight and get me closer to the RS experience.

Did you notice a big change going to rwd?
Huge ! Much lighter feel and no torque steer !
Altogether changed the feel and driving experience for the better
IMHO...Bert
Old 12-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Burning Brakes

question, if this car was for sale what do you think it is worth ?
134k miles, stacks of records since the late early 2000's, engine out service @90k miles. Original paint, clean carfax. All mods (on page 1) done within the past 8k miles. meticulously maintained and cared for. presents itself like it has 60k miles.

Last edited by 405; 12-08-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:59 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by 405
134k miles, stacks of records since the late early 2000's, engine out service @90k miles. Original paint, clean carfax. All mods (on page 1) done within the past 8k miles. meticulously maintained and cared for. presents itself like it has 60k miles.
I would approach it this way. Others might see it different. A 134k mile C4 is
probably worth $40k. Then add up all of your mods and take 1/2 off the mods
total. Say your mods are worth $10k. So $40k for the car plus $5k in mods
My guess is $45k. But maybe the car itself is worth more and your mods are worth more as well.
Is this for insurance? or are you thinking of selling this beautiful tribute?

Last edited by 911F1; 12-08-2016 at 02:01 PM. Reason: more to say
Old 12-08-2016, 10:50 PM
budge96
Rennlist Member

I think the prior poster has captured a large portion of the logic or psychology of many
buyers particularly those not unlike most of our forum members that tend to place value on
adherence to originality or stock form and fitment.
For that discriminating buyer I think your car offers modifications that otherwise might be well out of reach price wise , therefore add quite a bit of catche to its appeal.
Your ability to adhere to RS spec wherever possible and within reason allows the buyer to
mimic if not realize a good portion of the aura and appeal of the RS genre so dispite the mileage and a few niggling negatives I'd say a buyer looking for this spec tribute could easily pay $55 -$65k or more to obtain such a vehicle ..there have been a few good ones in this range...
What's the alternative a real VIN at $375 k haha no problem !
My car has a few additional pieces, factory 3.8 RS block, no sunroof, real no hole Speedlines,
Centerlock hubs, TT brakes , Cup interior, Matter full cage etc, and I'd be hard pressed to let it go less than $125-$150k..Bert
Old 12-09-2016, 01:45 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 447 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by 405
Glad you are all liking it. It s an ongoing process that never ends. Addressing the engine, transmission, and sunroof delete are all on the list.

Thank you for the offer. It's something I would love to have, but I think it would well out of my price range.

I am aware of the program and that is actually what I was planning. A pair of leather pole positions with the inserts reupholstered in a dark gray leather to match the real versions. Won't be exact, but I think it should look good still.

Question...the grey inserts were 993 RS and the color gradient inserts were 964 RS correct?
Yes.

964 RS : Triple perforated grey/blue/pink.

993 RS : Single perforated grey.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Thank you guys for your thoughts ..i am kind of on the fence still but have been tempted by another Porsche.
Old 12-10-2016, 08:06 AM
JZ98-993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by budge96
I think the prior poster has captured a large portion of the logic or psychology of many
buyers particularly those not unlike most of our forum members that tend to place value on
For that discriminating buyer I think your car offers modifications that otherwise might be well out of reach price wise , therefore add quite a bit of catche to its appeal.
Your ability to adhere to RS spec wherever possible and within reason allows the buyer to
mimic if not realize a good portion of the aura and appeal of the RS genre so dispite the mileage and a few niggling negatives I'd say a buyer looking for this spec tribute could easily pay $55 -$65k or more to obtain such a vehicle ..there have been a few good ones in this range...
My car has a few additional pieces, factory 3.8 RS block, no sunroof, real no hole Speedlines,
Centerlock hubs, TT brakes , Cup interior, Matter full cage etc, and I'd be hard pressed to let it go less than $125-$150k..Bert
Bert... how can you tease such a vehicle and not post any pics ?? Please hook us up! Sounds awesome
Old 12-10-2016, 08:07 AM
JZ98-993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by budge96
405 - I completely agree with Bert on pricing, your car has the "look" and has obviously been well taken care of. If you decide to sell it will go quick
Old 12-10-2016, 09:39 AM
908/3fan
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely stunning.
Old 12-10-2016, 12:12 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,020 Posts

One of the best looks for a 993!
Old 12-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Sword_of_the_Spirit
Banned

Received 113 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 405
Having looked at the market and price to do a tribute, I would say a fairly painless sell at 55-65k with what you have done thus far. You are still missing some major items like proper RS brake package and a complete cup/rs/rsr regear. Once you've stepped into those two items, you're looking at anywhere from 20-30k depending on what condition, who did the work, and what you sell on the backend. I can speak from experience having a vehicle like this and building onto what the previous owners invisioned for the club racer I currently own.

As been said, the $.50 rule doesn't apply here as this is a unique and not oft attempted build. I'm not even talking about the various parts/packages that enhance the car to a factory vision used for street or track. Remember one can sell for any price. It comes down to what someone is willing to pay (or justify for the enhancements).

With regards to the engine, the sky is the limit with offerings as minor as heads from 9M that significantly wake the motor up, to limitless builds of 3.6 revvers to 4.0 torquers. At this point, technology has surpassed what Factory thought ideal for their 3.8. One need not delve to far to compare the orginial 3.6 to the RS 3.8 (difference between x-51) and figure there are far better ways to extract hp/fun/longevity. At your point, there would be no reason to touch it. It would be wasted labor on your part....

Good luck either way.

Quick Reply: My 993 RS Clubsport Tribute