Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2016, 01:52 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
Possibly a ETKA page view?
Wrong brand.... that's Audi!

PET is Porsche. Best part is it is available for free on the Porsche website. Unlike Audi, who keeps theirs under lock and key with only dealers getting official access.

You're looking for illustrations 807-06 (comfort frame, bottom) and 807-24 (hardback frame, bottom) in the PET for seats. In the current release this is pages 550 and 570 respectively (page numbers might change when you download it too).

Screenshots for convenience:

Comfort:

Hardback:

Note that these are separate illustrations, so the same numeric identifier does not necessarily mean the same P/N.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:59 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Order manual seats with heat. Best combo of comfort and weight savings. Plus less parts to break over time.
Old 10-14-2016, 02:34 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

- FrenchToast -

Many thanks ! .. for the PET. You're correct,, PAG provides schematic detail where as VW/Audi does not. Color me Dumb-she-it.

Considering the Mr. Waldemar HB seat offerings discussed in this post,,, it appears these noveau HB seat versions are available w/fore-aft electric control. Back in the day of 993 HB seat production, this was not the case as electric seat control was limited to raise/lower of the base.

....The present day noveau-hardback seats available w/fore-aft electric control mechanism may or may not be retro-fit-able to the 993 production era HB seat versions. Time will tell. Has anyone with OE HB seat modification detail? Rudy: ??
Old 10-15-2016, 02:33 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default Pictures @ page 3, post #42 - Blk. leather w/yellow stitching. A dynamic aesthetic

+1. View page 3, post #42 for pic's. .. Man, deviated yellow colored seam stitch on black leather seating looks the part, its great. Personalize your Porsche today...

Originally Posted by spdklz
i color changed my factory sport seats before Luft in black with yellow deviated stitching/embossed headrest crests.
Best money I ever spent!
Old 10-16-2016, 09:38 AM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

What do you guys think about covering the hardbacks in leather? I think this was an option on later hardback sport seats but I've never seen it. Waldemar Said he could do it.
Old 10-16-2016, 10:42 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

To Each His / Her Own ...

Leather backs , , , defeats the hard back aesthetic, no?
Old 10-16-2016, 09:13 PM
GBX
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by M. Schneider
To Each His / Her Own ...

Leather backs , , , defeats the hard back aesthetic, no?
it would keep the same shape...just leather instead of plastic. i think the aesthetic are the larger bolsters and upper wings.
Old 10-16-2016, 09:40 PM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I like the body colored HB or carbon. My 997tt has leather everywhere, and it dents pretty easy in the back.

I think it would be hard to not damage it by putting simple stuff in the back.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:30 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

+1. .. Well of course.

Agreed, the optional Racing Seat w/hardbacks have several components. What first comes to mind is the actual seating area (larger bolsters and upper wings) to include the dark colored "hardback" plastic; The dark hardback plastic is contrasting with many OE leather colors: Grey, Tan, Red, Green, etc.
To cover the dark hardback plastic with leather would wipeout the contrasting hardback aesthetic. On the other hand painting the hardbacks arctic silver metallic - contrasting the black interior leather - looks great.

The dark colored "hardback" aspect is a strong component of the seats architecture er aesthetic ....

An a exception (no contrast) is black leather seating with the dark plastic hardbacks.

Originally Posted by GBX
it would keep the same shape...just leather instead of plastic. i think the aesthetic are the larger bolsters and upper wings.
Old 10-18-2016, 06:45 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

With all the problems the original seats bring with the cable slipping, binding on tracks, etc. it would be nice to have a fully manually version of this seat, which I am not sure was ever made by Porsche. So I'm not sure Waldermer even has that option.

For me, simplicity as well as weight savings would be the best setup. These seats with all the bells and whistles weighed a lot. Any idea what the cost would be for such a seat? I can't seem to find an easy way to contact Waldermer - not a social media type. Have no Instagram or Twitter account.
Old 10-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
I can't seem to find an easy way to contact Waldermer - not a social media type. Have no Instagram or Twitter account.
Marc,

I sent you a PM with Waldemar's email address.

Jim
Old 10-18-2016, 11:15 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by mgianzero
With all the problems the original seats bring with the cable slipping, binding on tracks, etc. it would be nice to have a fully manually version of this seat, which I am not sure was ever made by Porsche. So I'm not sure Waldermer even has that option.

For me, simplicity as well as weight savings would be the best setup. These seats with all the bells and whistles weighed a lot. Any idea what the cost would be for such a seat? I can't seem to find an easy way to contact Waldermer - not a social media type. Have no Instagram or Twitter account.
Let me know your findings. I would like the full manual, heated, in Softback sport bolsters.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:53 AM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
Order manual seats with heat. Best combo of comfort and weight savings. Plus less parts to break over time.
makes sense - the only adjustments then are fore-aft and seatback angle? is the wiring plugin the same no matter what combo of adjustment and heat there is?
Old 10-19-2016, 10:08 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by dbf73
makes sense - the only adjustments then are fore-aft and seatback angle? is the wiring plugin the same no matter what combo of adjustment and heat there is?
This option is a great way to customize. My non heated OEM hardback sport seats with crest have three manual adjustments. Slider, height and back position. I have two levers under the front of the seat cushion and one on the side for seat back angle. It is only missing the heating option but it may not have been available with a manual seat. Don't think bolster bladder was an option back then.
Old 10-19-2016, 02:05 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default 993 production options 373 & 374 Racing seats (hardbacks)

+1 Agreed. chsu74

The Racing seat (hardbacks) option production during MY97 & MY98 was rather simple. The seat option's "as built" combined manual and electric adjustment. With or without "heating" was the only variant choice.

Fully electric type was not offered in the Racing seat (hardback)

Tried like hell to have Full electric adjust as a Exclusive department add on $$,,, for the Hardback seats. PAG responded no way .. something different about the supplier or seats. .. IIRC.

Originally Posted by chsu74
This option is a great way to customize. My non heated OEM hardback sport seats with crest have three manual adjustments. Slider, height and back position. I have two levers under the front of the seat cushion and one on the side for seat back angle. It is only missing the heating option but it may not have been available with a manual seat. Don't think bolster bladder was an option back then.

Quick Reply: Hardback seats custom made $5.5k