Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts
Default New Listing on BAT - '95 993

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-porsche-911-2/
Old 05-25-2016, 11:39 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...93-on-bat.html

The owner also posted the link in another thread yesterday. I believe it was deleted by the mods.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:59 AM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by timothymoffat
The owner also posted the link in another thread yesterday. I believe it was deleted by the mods.
H-m-m-m-m...I just put BAT 993 links out here for folks who might be looking/interested in pricing/market. I guess someone will let me know if I'm not supposed to post a certain type of link?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:11 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by TMc993
H-m-m-m-m...I just put BAT 993 links out here for folks who might be looking/interested in pricing/market. I guess someone will let me know if I'm not supposed to post a certain type of link?
I see no problem at all with putting it out there for those looking. I think the thread posted by the owner was likely deleted because he was promoting the auction of his own car thus violating RL rules.

Perhaps we need a sticky thread at the top, like many other sub-forums, with links to cars for sale?
Old 05-25-2016, 12:24 PM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I see no problem at all with putting it out there for those looking. I think the thread posted by the owner was likely deleted because he was promoting the auction of his own car thus violating RL rules.

Perhaps we need a sticky thread at the top, like many other sub-forums, with links to cars for sale?
+1
Old 05-25-2016, 09:13 PM
mister e
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...93-on-bat.html

Yep. I think that is what happened. I'm the owner and perpetrator of earlier thread. MY BAD. Didn't realize it was against the rules. My apologies.
Old 05-28-2016, 04:37 PM
mister e
Track Day

Originally Posted by TMc993
Seems like rennlisters would be interested. Hope it's okay with moderator.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:00 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by mister e
Seems like rennlisters would be interested. Hope it's okay with moderator.
I don't see a problem posting good opportunities, but this technical forum is sadly being overrun by value and for sale threads. Another link would make more sense. I also don't think the "bid high, bid often" sales tactic found favor with the mods. GLWS.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:05 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Foxman
I don't see a problem posting good opportunities, but this technical forum is sadly being overrun by value and for sale threads. Another link would make more sense. I also don't think the "bid high, bid often" sales tactic found favor with the mods. GLWS.
Why can't the co-exhist? There is currently far and away more "requests for assistance " here than cars for sale. INHO they both serve a value to subscribers .
Old 05-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by six gun
Why can't the co-exhist? There is currently far and away more "requests for assistance " here than cars for sale. INHO they both serve a value to subscribers .
They can co-exist like the Business section and the Auto section co-exist in the same Sunday Morning paper. I just don't want to read about cars for sale while I'm reading the Business section. I'm not saying these posts don't provide value. Like the incessant value threads, I simply prefer to see them somewhere else and not here in the tech forum.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:46 PM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
They can co-exist like the Business section and the Auto section co-exist in the same Sunday Morning paper. I just don't want to read about cars for sale while I'm reading the Business section. I'm not saying these posts don't provide value. Like the incessant value threads, I simply prefer to see them somewhere else and not here in the tech forum.
I like the business vs auto section analogy.
One approach to this problem has been recommended by others and is in use on another forum I frequent.

Simply create a sticky called "Sticky: 993 eBay / CL / BaT finds" or something like that.

It's not perfect, but it gives those that want to follow the 993 market one place to go. For those that don't, it creates very little incremental noise. Whether 1 post a year or 1 post a second, the noise is the exact same, a single line of bold text.

In practice, you'll get 5-10 folks that like to hang out in the "993 eBay / CL / BaT" thread, and everyone else just ignores it until they have a question or are looking for car.

This is no different than the "Who has coolest wheels..." thread we already have. Those not interested in custom wheels just ignore the occasional bold font.

(yes, I know that this doesn't work for everyone's usage model, especially those that use the VBLive feature)
Old 05-31-2016, 01:53 AM
mister e
Track Day

Originally Posted by mpruden
I like the business vs auto section analogy.
One approach to this problem has been recommended by others and is in use on another forum I frequent.

Simply create a sticky called "Sticky: 993 eBay / CL / BaT finds" or something like that.

It's not perfect, but it gives those that want to follow the 993 market one place to go. For those that don't, it creates very little incremental noise. Whether 1 post a year or 1 post a second, the noise is the exact same, a single line of bold text.

In practice, you'll get 5-10 folks that like to hang out in the "993 eBay / CL / BaT" thread, and everyone else just ignores it until they have a question or are looking for car.

This is no different than the "Who has coolest wheels..." thread we already have. Those not interested in custom wheels just ignore the occasional bold font.

(yes, I know that this doesn't work for everyone's usage model, especially those that use the VBLive feature)
This seems to work well on the Ferrari Chat board.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:11 PM
myflat6
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 123 Posts

BAT continues to be a great stage for these cars. The car sold at $57k which means the buyer paid roughly $60k including the buyers fee.

Quick Reply: New Listing on BAT - '95 993