Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Door strap repair in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2016, 02:11 PM
silvewrc2s
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Door strap repair in Los Angeles?

Anybody have a rec for someone who has experience with fixing my damn door clicking? Also, what was the cost?
Old 04-28-2016, 02:17 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Right now I have my car in the shop doing lots of bodywork. One of the things on my list is a door strap repair. I showed them the "recommended" repair from RL where the B-pillar is sliced open and strap retacked. He said he can do even a better job using an internal plate. So I'll let you know how that turns out. If it turns out nice, I'll give you his contact. They are located in LA area.

Marc
Old 04-28-2016, 02:33 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

I would highly John Esposto in North Hollywood. I've used him before...but not for the door strap repair.

http://petrolicious.com/this-is-wher...he-last-detail
Old 04-28-2016, 05:41 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheBen
I would highly John Esposto in North Hollywood. I've used him before...but not for the door strap repair.

Hello Ben. How are you? Haven't seen you since our tie-rod pinning party years ago.

Regarding the door strap repair. I've heard of Esposito before. But, just like my bodyshop guy, I hate to recommend a repair guy when he hasn't done this actual repair yet or not since I think it's a rather particular repair.

I'll keep you posted on what my guy does to fix this problem. I'll plan on posting pics and getting the RL community to chime on on what they think after I see his results.

Marc
Old 04-28-2016, 08:51 PM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 94 Posts

Marc - he's done the repair before, just not for me. And he's been working on another project of mine.

Good to hear from you. It has been a while. Hope you're well. Let me know if you want any more info in John although you may be looking for someone slightly closer by.
Old 04-28-2016, 09:12 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Marc, Sorry to hear about your car. Hope all turns out well for you!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:19 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Marc - he's done the repair before, just not for me. And he's been working on another project of mine.

Good to hear from you. It has been a while. Hope you're well. Let me know if you want any more info in John although you may be looking for someone slightly closer by.
Yes Ben. Great to hear from you too! Car's been at the shop already for other work too. So I'm already there, so might as well do the door strap. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Originally Posted by nine9six
Marc, Sorry to hear about your car. Hope all turns out well for you!
Thanks Paul. Car's doing okay. Spun it out nearby my home, so taking the opportunity to repaint her completely at the same time. Should be nice when she's done.

Marc
Old 04-29-2016, 03:43 PM
silvewrc2s
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

called him up, gave me a quote of 1k. will try to get a couple of other quotes as well.

thanks for the rec

Quick Reply: Door strap repair in Los Angeles?