993 Forum 1995-1998

How to know if your immobilizer has been deleted and DME chipped

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 12:30 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

Received 61 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 911cedric

I'll test monday the ignition switch by measuring voltage at the R61 relay and see if the relay gets current from the DME/ immobilizer unit
Just put a jumper between pins 30 & 87 on the R61 relay, that will bypass the relay for testing.
If the engine still doesn't crank, then the #50 pin on the ignition switch is bad or the wire
from the switch is bad. If the engine then starts, the immobilizer function has been bypassed
in the DME ECM.

Since you now have the learning code for the immobilizer, you can try and determine whether you have the
correct learning code by seeing whether the immobilizer accepts that code and functions.
Old 05-01-2016, 02:24 PM
911cedric
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorenfb
Just put a jumper between pins 30 & 87 on the R61 relay, that will bypass the relay for testing.
If the engine still doesn't crank, then the #50 pin on the ignition switch is bad or the wire
from the switch is bad. If the engine then starts, the immobilizer function has been bypassed
in the DME ECM.

Since you now have the learning code for the immobilizer, you can try and determine whether you have the
correct learning code by seeing whether the immobilizer accepts that code and functions.
I'll try the #30 to #87 bridge tomorrow
I believe i should also check if there is 12v from the immobilizer to pin 86
and 12v from the ignition switch to pin 30 when key in turned in ignition position
Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 AM
911cedric
Intermediate

in the DME ECM.

So i tried to bridge the started relay pin 30 & 87 and the starter launched when turning the key in ignition position, however the engine wouldn't start yet.
I also measured 12v from pin 86 which means i believe, that the immobilizer signal is fine, which is confusing

I of course switched the dme and starter relays with new ones but still nothing

It seems the starter, fuel pump and injection aren't activated by the DME in ignition position like if the immobilizer was triggered.
When the dme relay is bridged, the fuel pump starts without issue

Otherwise i cannot program a remote yet; the car doesn't respond accordingly with the procedure, and the alarm led light blinks twice, so there is obviously an issue somewhere. Door sensors work, front and engine hood as well, all lights work, i also have removed the aftermarket stereo and hooked up an original cdr 210 radio. Still a few items to check to clear all alarm issues

I think the DME is dead or the chip is messing with the immobilizer; i hate when cars are not stock, it becomes a nightmare when something goes south.
When connecting the PST2, the DME doesn't show up, so either the immobilizer or the DME is dead. what confuses me is that the remote function in the alarm computer is deactivated so obviously, the immobilizer was bypassed and no remote was programmed. I have no memory of any remote for this car an only a single key was on the door lock since i parked it 4 years ago
Old 05-02-2016, 10:18 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,448 Likes on 1,020 Posts

If the remote entry doesn't work and the imobalizer is disabled . It may be easier to add an aftermarket remote box & fob. Only 4 wires ground, hot, and two to the central locking switch in the console cheap effective and the fobs are very inexpensive.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Lorenfb
Race Car

I also measured 12v from pin 86 which means i believe, that the immobilizer signal is fine, which is confusing
Remember, you need a ground on pin 85 for the relay to activate. If it's an auto trans,
the shift lever needs to provide a ground.

When connecting the PST2, the DME doesn't show up, so either the immobilizer or the DME is dead.
You can bypass the "K" line going into the immobilizer and connect it directing
to "W" input of the DME ECM which should allow communications.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:46 PM
911cedric
Intermediate

Remember, you need a ground on pin 85 for the relay to activate. If it's an auto trans,
the shift lever needs to provide a ground.

You can bypass the "K" line going into the immobilizer and connect it directing
to "W" input of the DME ECM which should allow communications.
indeed, i forgot about that one; is it grounded to the shifter switch 964 613 023 05 in the console?

do you have the pinout?
Thanks!
Old 05-03-2016, 02:26 AM
Lorenfb
Race Car

indeed, i forgot about that one; is it grounded to the shifter switch 964 613 023 05 in the console?

do you have the pinout?
Thanks!
It goes to pin "g" on the shifter (yellow & brown wire).
Check the DME ECM powers; 18, 27, 37.

Quick Reply: How to know if your immobilizer has been deleted and DME chipped