Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 Hollow Spoke twist wheels for sale

Old 04-30-2016, 05:07 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

The market on these NB wheels seems to be on the rise, and I don't think $3,000 is an unfair asking price for a set of properly refinished wheels ($700 value alone when done correctly). Lots of very knowledgeable guys that I respect here bickering over nothing. Let's all be kind and respectful, we are all lucky to get to drive and enjoy these cars.
Old 04-30-2016, 05:47 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
The market on these NB wheels seems to be on the rise, and I don't think $3,000 is an unfair asking price for a set of properly refinished wheels ($700 value alone when done correctly). Lots of very knowledgeable guys that I respect here bickering over nothing. Let's all be kind and respectful, we are all lucky to get to drive and enjoy these cars.
I agree with foxman 👍🏼
Old 04-30-2016, 05:48 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Default Twist

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Bump.

Price lowered to $3000. Nee to move these.
You have a PM
Old 04-30-2016, 05:50 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Sorry man , I just read the description and they are NB 😡 I'm looking for WB 😬 GLWS 👍🏼 $3k is what I will sell my NB set in hollow so price is fair 👍🏼
Old 04-30-2016, 05:55 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
Sorry man , I just read the description and they are NB 😡 I'm looking for WB 😬 GLWS 👍🏼 $3k is what I will sell my NB set in hollow so price is fair 👍🏼
Thanks Opo. You know this market more than anyone.
Old 05-01-2016, 05:28 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,925 Likes on 1,165 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
There is no need for sour grapes in originally over pricing your wheels...
Ask not, get not! However, at this specific point in time, it would appear as if the market has spoken to your original pricepoint.

I simply expressed an opinion in this "discussion forum" that you, and a few other pundits did not agree with. Rather than debate the point as adults, y'all got yer panties in a bunch.

The MEN who said the market will dictate pricing, were correct! So are you sure you are not angry with the market and what it has said?

I like this hobby, this forum, this venue that allows ALL of us to express our respective opinions. Perhaps you and those that find others opinions, distastful; should think about moving to a more repressed enviornment, where you could proclaim thyselves as Lords and Masters and bannish those not in agreement. Me, I'm gonna have a cold one!

Open Range
...But one man telling another what he can and can not say in this country's something else. Ooh, sticks in my craw.
*Boss Spearman*

Aren't you just proud of yourself.

His lowering his price says nothing about you being right. There are many markets; this might not be the right place for these wheels. No doubt to the right buyer in need, the condition and availability will dictate.

You are correct in one way. You have every right to be an a$$ 'no doubt' it is a free world and arguing on the internet has become entertainment for many.

On one hand some might even say you had something to do with killing any potential of a sale at what is a reasonable price for the wheels in this condition. I have seen them and they are worth his asking price not to you obviously but there are schmucks in this world that just don't get it and you have proven to me to be one of the ring leaders.

So sad but we are all allowed our opinions right wrong or indifferent.

PS: might consider spell check the only thing I find distastful here are your comments and gloating over killing his sale.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:37 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nine9six
Baaahaaahaa! Oh Ant'ny, What a maroon you are to even suggest I may have killed this sale. The pricepoint did that all by itself, you deep thinker, you!

Do you REALLY believe anyone here who wanted those wheels at the posted price; that my opinion would stop them from buying them?!?
How about you set down your colbalt crack pipe, before chiming in next time?
Remember, its better to sit silently and thought an idiot, than to start moving your fingers and remove all doubt!

Pssst! Ya might wanna check and see that you're sure you have a firm handle on the usage of quotation marks...or iz it jus spel chekin, in which you specialize?
13,838 posts, and not one misspelled word...My spell checkin hero! Muah! ��

What a delusional jerk! ...and not a bright one at that!
Wow you are a piece of work. I had no idea until the myriad of PM's I received by long term respected RL's and friends said what a horses a$$ know it all you can be and you weren't worth the waste of time. Did you enjoy calling me names in a Pm? Really, how childish??? Don't bother your words prove I was right about you and no doubt you enjoy yourself a bit too much. Keep stroking yourself all 2 inches no doubt nothing happens and arguing on RL is the only way you can get satisfaction.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:49 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

FYI

For those in need of new NB hollow spokes. These are as perfect as any new set I have seen. There is no buildup of paint around the size and offset these look like new and could have been sold to the unsuspecting as such. The fronts are $1601.86ea discounted at Sunset and the rears are NLA from Porsche.

I sold a set three years ago stripped down needing repair and paint for $2300 and the buyer was grateful to grab them up.
Old 05-02-2016, 10:10 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

It just amazes me that people like him are accepted and allowed to behave in such a manner on this forum.
Very disappointing.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:59 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RajDatta
It just amazes me that people like him are accepted and allowed to behave in such a manner on this forum.
Very disappointing.
A free world with free speech. That is the double edged sword of the internet, we have the right to be a jerk and speak our minds no matter how limited our ability to tell the difference between right and wrong.

I am trying to determine if he actually owns a Porsche and is of legal driving age. He lists a bunch of mods 6 spd, ABD, LSD, PSS10's, M030 anti-roll bars, 996 HB sport seats, MY02 wheels, Fister II's w/wide ovals, 996 3 spoke wheel, Aerokit 1 splitters, Turbo S ducts & LED, FD SS brake line kit, Heigo strut tower brace, RS motor mounts, pinned tie rods... but no MY, I find that curious. Maybe it is his daddy's car.

In any case good luck with selling the wheels if I didn't have so many sets of wheels as it is I would buy them and store them. No doubt these like everything else will continue to rise in value just like factory speedlines and other NLA or rare parts.

I do hate to see people's efforts to sell something derailed. You have a part you want X either buy it or don't or as the ad says make an offer. I guess that is too complicated for some people to comprehend.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:11 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by RajDatta
Very disappointing.
This is the reason I don't post nothing for sale here and especially on the 993 forum , this guys sit behind a computer and suddenly there ***** get big and this has nothing to do with you Paul , but theres a few HATERS here that talk crap about everything that people post for sale 😡
Old 05-02-2016, 02:12 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,387 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
Nice wheels and yes very rare , good luck with the sell and your price is right on the market price 👍🏼
This is all anyone really needs to know. When Rudy says the "price is right", then the price is right. GLWS, RajDatta.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:23 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If anyone knows the market, for sure Rudy does. I have a set of NB Hollow Spokes that I purchased from an RL member here some time ago. The sale was completed "offline." Just as Rudy indicated, there are a lot of transactions completed "offline" because few want to endure the attacks on a seller's price. And while this area of the forum is for discussion, and better than crapping on the actual seller's ad, civility still has been lost nonetheless.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:20 PM
waizone
Burning Brakes

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

IMO the asking price very fair. These wheels are pretty rare and believe Porsche has stopped production. I paid $2800 for a set that were in ruff condition and paid $1573 to have them completely restored. I would have gladly paid $3200 for this set. In several years I see these wheels selling for well north of $5K. GLWS
Old 05-02-2016, 04:20 PM
hennabav
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a set of clean Hollow Spoke Turbo Twists for 993 WB if anyone has a set for sale. Must be for WB.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 993 Hollow Spoke twist wheels for sale