rick cabell
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, sent it now.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:49 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 86 Posts

All packages have been shipped via USPS first class mail. Expect them in approx 3 business days.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Mr.Woolery
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Thank you for all of your hard work and time on this project! I look forward to cleaning up the lines on my front bumper soon.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:33 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

I may have made a terrible mistake and packed two sides instead of a matched pair ins somebodies delivery! Contact me(I know you will!) as soon as you get them and I will send out the other side as well as send you some cash to send me back the unwanted one!

So sorry! There were a lot of packages!

G
Old 05-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Mr.Woolery
Burning Brakes

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by gmorat
I may have made a terrible mistake and packed two sides instead of a matched pair ins somebodies delivery! Contact me(I know you will!) as soon as you get them and I will send out the other side as well as send you some cash to send me back the unwanted one!

So sorry! There were a lot of packages!

G
Looks like I'm the unlucky guy. I got two right (passenger side) plugs. ::sad trombone::

Can you send me a plug for the other side?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:20 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr.Woolery
Looks like I'm the unlucky guy. I got two right (passenger side) plugs. ::sad trombone::

Can you send me a plug for the other side?
Awesome! I'll post one out priority tomorrow morning and you'll have it by Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

If you don't mind, I'll refund you $5 and if you could send the spare back to me I would much appreciate it.

Sorry for the snafu!

G
Old 05-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Received mine today. Nice work. I'll install them eventually!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 361 Posts

+993 Package arrived today, safely packed in bubble wrap. The bumperettes were already off as I'm re-wiring my Turbo Scoops with proper round connectors (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...o-s-ducts.html) - so I had a chance to do a test fit. Even without paint these look better than the bumperettes! The fit is pretty good, although there is a distinctly sharper angle to the plugs that leaves the outside edge a bit recessed, and the inside edge protruding a bit. Still this is a great temporary fix until i get a chance do a proper respray of the bumper and either fill the holes or get a new bumper. It took all of about five minutes to sand down the inside lip so I could slide the plug in. I left the lip on the top and outside edge intact, and the plug still fits right in. here are a few photos. Thanks GMorat! Nice to know I won't be putting bumperettes back on, ever. And if anyone needs a set of short clears, let me know!

Jim

Packaged arrived safely wrapped in bubble wrap

Tape up and sand inside lip

And the plug slide right in

This shot hi-lights how the plug is angled just a bit too steeply, leaving the outside edge recessed and the inside edge protruding slightly - still a good temporary fix

Even without paint, these look better than the bumperettes! Thanks to Gert at Carnewal for the new euro-clears!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:12 AM
Sagres74
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
+993 Package arrived today, safely packed in bubble wrap. The bumperettes were already off as I'm re-wiring my Turbo Scoops with proper round connectors (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...o-s-ducts.html) - so I had a chance to do a test fit. Even without paint these look better than the bumperettes! The fit is pretty good, although there is a distinctly sharper angle to the plugs that leaves the outside edge a bit recessed, and the inside edge protruding a bit. Still this is a great temporary fix until i get a chance do a proper respray of the bumper and either fill the holes or get a new bumper. It took all of about five minutes to sand down the inside lip so I could slide the plug in. I left the lip on the top and outside edge intact, and the plug still fits right in. here are a few photos. Thanks GMorat! Nice to know I won't be putting bumperettes back on, ever. And if anyone needs a set of short clears, let me know!

Jim

Packaged arrived safely wrapped in bubble wrap

Tape up and sand inside lip

And the plug slide right in

This shot hi-lights how the plug is angled just a bit too steeply, leaving the outside edge recessed and the inside edge protruding slightly - still a good temporary fix

Even without paint, these look better than the bumperettes! Thanks to Gert at Carnewal for the new euro-clears!
Interested in the short clears. Pls PM me.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:19 AM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Thanks GMorat! Nice to know I won't be putting bumperettes back on, ever. And if anyone needs a set of short clears, let me know!
Holy crap! You are on it! Can't wait to see them finished on everybody's cars and all painted in every hue!

Thanks everybody, it was a long process but I hope it was worth it to you all.

G
Old 05-03-2016, 02:33 AM
423423dsa
Instructor

Thanks so much Gavin, they are fantastic! I really appreciate it!
Old 05-03-2016, 05:18 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 64 Posts

Got mine today too. Onto the pile of parts they go! Thanks Gavin!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:26 PM
zechunique
Racer

there is a distinctly sharper angle to the plugs that leaves the outside edge a bit recessed, and the inside edge protruding a bit.

Have you tried putting a small shim on the left side of the connection, between the car body and the plug/insert? You could use a piece of sheet metal or something? I hope this doesn't sound too hack-ish, but it might push the left face out just slightly, and you could sand down the right side (probably will anyway I assume). Of course, you'd have to be careful not to stress the plastic out when you tighten the nut on to attach. Maybe fold the outside (far left) edge over to allow two thicknesses and support the plastic in two step rather than just one? Not sure if that's clear, and just a thought anyway...

Either way, I agree that this is a very good finish for the cost and level of involvement.

Excellent work to you, and especially to Gmorat.

Last edited by zechunique; 05-03-2016 at 12:38 PM. Reason: edited to clarify a bit. at least I tried anyway...
Old 05-03-2016, 12:32 PM
zechunique
Racer

I am also interested in a pair of short clears, if any other become available through this project. (Sagres74 above responded ahead of me regarding Foxman's).

Please PM me if you have a set freed up...
Old 05-03-2016, 12:35 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zechunique
Have you tried putting a small shim on the left side of the connection, between the car body and the plug/insert? You could use a piece of sheet metal or something? I hope this doesn't sound too hack-ish, but it might push the left face out just slightly, and you could sand down the right side (probably will anyway I assume). Just a thought.

Either way, I agree that this is a pretty good finish for the cost and level of involvement.

Excellent work to you, and especially to Gmorat.
Thanks, I was going to suggest a shim or to put a little bondo on the outside of the base. If it turns out to be a consistent problem, I will adjust the model so that this is incorporated into the design.

G

Quick Reply: Bumperette Delete Inserts. Who's in?