Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Mission accomplished :) It's official I'm proud first time owner of a 993

Old 02-09-2016, 05:29 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome and congrats! I especially approve of your interior color choice.

+993 on the Bergville lighting upgrades. I'm quite happy with my HIDs and LEDs as well.

Get that headlight lens sorted out. Get that suspension tuned and lowered (Is it factory original? How many miles of use?). Lastly, I'd get some wide-oval exhaust tips (or close aftermarket reproductions) put on to finish that special tuned look of the aerokit.

Oh yeah, be sure to drive the heck out of it and enjoy it too!
Old 02-09-2016, 05:33 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Re sent PM, the next time you talk to Michel, ask him to take your car off his for sale site.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:45 PM
FLYT993
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

welcome and congrats on a beautiful acquisition, and proper first intro. my favorite color other than black. the knowledge, assistance, and camaraderie around here is second to none. any and everything you want to know...and things you don't want to know about these cars can be found here. enjoy!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:00 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on the acquisition. Welcome to the Flamenco Club - it really gets better the longer you own the car. I changed out my original red spoke steering wheel to the black 3 spoke leather 996 version and it makes all the difference. After that, suspension, check out the PSS10 adjustables and M030 swaybars. That's about what I did to my car and its just about perfect.

That picture of your son is priceless - he probably counting the days until he gets his license.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:06 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 552 Likes on 243 Posts

Congrats and enjoy in good health with your family. You found a very nice and very rare color combination. Love it.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:12 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 269 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase! Great looking vehicle. Truly, "enjoy the ride"!
Old 02-09-2016, 06:15 PM
fatmike
Three Wheelin'

Received 378 Likes on 236 Posts

Wow - nice. Great color combo.

/
Old 02-09-2016, 06:16 PM
rg0115
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Tell me it wasn't meant to be my color combo. About 4 years ago I purchased this model car, I got for inspiration and have it sitting on my office desk. I had no idea back then that I would buy a 993 in the same color combo. I was hunting for this color, it just happened. Destiny

Minichamps
Old 02-09-2016, 08:00 PM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I really like the wing . . .

Best of luck with your new baby.

Regards,

Old 02-09-2016, 08:34 PM
JimPA
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by rg0115
Let the slippery slope begin. BTW, where did that term come from, I see it all time.
Genuine American slang although there is probably a German equivalent of some sort. Slippery slope refers to a hill or incline that is wet or icy or snow-covered. Once you start down, it's sometimes very difficult to maintain control. The automotive application is for those of us who like to maintain at a high standard or "improve" our cars. Once we start work on or replace something, it can be difficult to limit yourself to just that item.

Another similar phrase that you may encounter is "while your're in there," which is a form of "mission creep." A project might start out with a simple objective. However, once underway, several other opportunities to replace or upgrade parts may present themselves. It's often tempting to do these things because much of the hard work, such as disassembling something, is already done and won't need to be repeated if the new components are installed now (whether truly needed or not).

Enjoy your car. Last month I replaced original shocks and with Koni FSDs and M033 springs. To take advantage of the currently favorable exchange rate, these parts were sourced from Carnewal in Belgium. The car is set to ROW height. It looks, rides and handles great.
Old 02-09-2016, 08:43 PM
rg0115
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Genuine American slang although there is probably a German equivalent of some sort. Slippery slope refers to a hill or incline that is wet or icy or snow-covered. Once you start down, it's sometimes very difficult to maintain control. The automotive application is for those of us who like to maintain at a high standard or "improve" our cars. Once we start work on or replace something, it can be difficult to limit yourself to just that item.

Another similar phrase that you may encounter is "while your're in there," which is a form of "mission creep." A project might start out with a simple objective. However, once underway, several other opportunities to replace or upgrade parts may present themselves. It's often tempting to do these things because much of the hard work, such as disassembling something, is already done and won't need to be repeated if the new components are installed now (whether truly needed or not).

Enjoy your car. Last month I replaced original shocks and with Koni FSDs and M033 springs. To take advantage of the currently favorable exchange rate, these parts were sourced from Carnewal in Belgium. The car is set to ROW height. It looks, rides and handles great.
JimPA is online now Report Post
That kinda what I thought. Well let the slippery slope begin. BT

BTW, would you mind sharing a photo of your current setup, would like to see your ride height? I have been talking with Gert myself and he has been very helpful. I just haven't pulled the plug as I wanted to see the car in person first. I bought it unseen with a guarantee.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:04 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Congrats and welcome to 993 ownership.

Your passenger headlight might be getting condensation if a tube or ventilation pipe isn't connected. It's german engineering at it's finest.

Check out this thread for details and part numbers if anything is missing:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...ml#post1276845
Old 02-10-2016, 12:27 AM
INTMD8
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 143 Posts

Looks great! Love the color combo, congrats
Old 02-10-2016, 12:49 AM
IainM
Rennlist Member

Received 300 Likes on 231 Posts

Congrats and welcome. Beautiful car.
Old 02-10-2016, 05:43 AM
HPNer
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking car, congrats, and don't forget to drive the nuts off it!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mission accomplished :) It's official I'm proud first time owner of a 993