Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

WTB Weighted Aluminum Shifter (Techquipment C2)

Old 02-08-2016, 11:43 PM
red67vert
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default WTB Weighted Aluminum Shifter (Techquipment C2)

Just installed FDMOTORSPORTS SSK/GR. Now need to upgrade shifter.
Suggestions welcome! From my hammering the search button, sounds like the Techquipment **** was right up there, and didn't cost an arm and a leg!
Does anyone have one, they want to sell? E -brake would be nice too
Spring can't come soon enough! Cheers! PM please.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:43 AM
bukowski
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both the Tequipment Aluminum shift **** and e-brake handle are NLA. They typically cost about the equivalent of several arms and at least one leg. All jokes aside they are tough to find but they do pop up on fleabay every now and then.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:40 AM
Nlu
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No kidding... A few weeks ago, a set of shift **** and hand brake lever came up on eBay. New old stock... Ended up selling at $950ish
Old 02-09-2016, 09:54 AM
red67vert
Pro

Thanks for the education. So any other suggestions? What is the best bang for the buck? I like the function-first set up feel wise, but would like something that looks more OEM.
How much diff. is there between the base set up, and the factory "weighted" shifter? Thanks for your input!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:23 AM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red67vert
Thanks for the education. So any other suggestions? What is the best bang for the buck? I like the function-first set up feel wise, but would like something that looks more OEM.
How much diff. is there between the base set up, and the factory "weighted" shifter? Thanks for your input!
The biggest diff. is the set up. The weighted shifter was designed to fit the Turbo/C4 cars. The shift rod ( rod that extends out of the tranny ) that is std. on the narrow bodied cars, is narrower than the same rod on the Turbo cars. You will either have to wrap tape around the your rod ( temp fix ) or jury rig a set screw in to make the fit tight. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:24 AM
red67vert
Pro

Something else I did not know. Thank you, Six Gun!
So no other suggestions?
Old 02-09-2016, 11:45 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by six gun
The biggest diff. is the set up. The weighted shifter was designed to fit the Turbo/C4 cars. The shift rod ( rod that extends out of the tranny ) that is std. on the narrow bodied cars, is narrower than the same rod on the Turbo cars. You will either have to wrap tape around the your rod ( temp fix ) or jury rig a set screw in to make the fit tight. Good luck.
Six- you're referring to the C4/Turbo weighted shift ****. The OP is searching for the weighted Tequipment Aluminum/leather shifter which will fit C2 shift rod perfectly with no other mods required.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:53 AM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

I have a base 1996 C2, the original shifter with the plastic insert was worn a bit on the leather so I replaced it with the weighted C4S / Turbo type and it was a noticeable improvement in feel due to the weighting. The original shift rod did not need any modifications for it to properly fit, it came with rubber sleeves to slide down the rod and a clip to hold it in place. I now have the Function First Aluminum shift **** with a Redline boot, IMO they feel the best of the 3 set-ups I've run so far. Only complaint is the cold feel of the aluminum when I first drive it when cold outside but there isn't any getting around that, it was expected.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:55 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by red67vert
C2S also come with a very similar shifter to the Tequipment but instead of aluminum, it's made out of plastic. Make sure it's the aluminum version when you buy. I have had all of these at one point except the wooden (rootwood) ****.

The additional weight makes shifting easier and smoother, and feels solid compared to the standard shift ****.
Old 02-09-2016, 11:56 AM
red67vert
Pro

Hey p-daddy, at this point, after checking that 'sold' auction that went for $960. I have readjusted my goal here. Looking for more connected feel, with OEM look. RS/Rennsport shifter may be option, but are reminiscent of 996 to me. Feedback is they are plastic, and light. What else is there? Told Darin to complete the package and offer a reasonably price shifter ****, and he just laughed.
I'm sure if there was a shifter out there, you guys would already have it, right?
Probably put the stock one back on.
Old 02-09-2016, 12:04 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Red- prices are nuts nowadays for Teq. If you can't find anything reasonable I'd go with a function first **** like Coreseller mentioned. I also had an F1 **** on my last C2. It felt fantastic! The look is clean and felt solid and connected.
Attached Images  
Old 02-09-2016, 12:33 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Yep, the prices for anything AirCooled OEM, RUF or whatever has gone bonkers. My FF Set-up:

Old 02-09-2016, 02:32 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-daddy
Six- you're referring to the C4/Turbo weighted shift ****. The OP is searching for the weighted Tequipment Aluminum/leather shifter which will fit C2 shift rod perfectly with no other mods required.
Thanks P-daddy, I did not know that.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:51 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by six gun
Thanks P-daddy, I did not know that.
Old 02-10-2016, 02:42 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

There is another post on this running, basically the 2WD version is NLA in all colors, the 4WD version is available in midnight blue only and today there were 2 left in the factory so the world

These will fit all 993's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB Weighted Aluminum Shifter (Techquipment C2)