Sponsored by:

Help me fellow brethern

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 11:34 PM
techwolf
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me fellow brethern

A 1995 Carrera C4 TOP PROBLEM. This top will go up and latch but will not release. It will release if I hold the bottom relay on the top motor while holding the down button (not up) on switch to release. The latch motors were rebuilt, the micro switches replaced.
In the process of the top coming up to close on its own off the relay switch on motor it got half way for the aftermarket radio (installed by porsche) to turn off cutting the circuit, released switch and started again and turned the radio back on and continued to close.
Although the top would open/close with the same radio,i believe the aftermarket radio is what caused the top latch gears to break in the first place. The would close and latch as they do now, but would continue to run breaking the teeth off: therefore disconnected before a complete latch.
Is there a relay in the oem radio? Other than completing the entire cars circuit.
What is the co-relation of the relay switches to each other?
Once the top latch motors are closed, internally should the SVF marker actuate the switch?

I've read the reviews I'm going to re-time the top motor gears too the timing of the latch. Once down it comes up to close, then plug the latch motors in so they don't close; when the top is down or in service position. After ten hours of rebuild and timing it is worth it to become a manual operator overall...

Quick Reply: Help me fellow brethern