Headlamp low beam issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2015, 04:09 PM
Mark '98 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlamp low beam issue

Happy Thanksgiving all. Please let me know if you have had or solved this issue. Both my low beams stopped working at the same time. Both high beams do work though. Possible that it is coincidence that both lows go out the same moment, but that would be odd even if I had not replaced each at different times some time ago. I am thinking switch or a fuse as the problem. If it may be a fuse, which one? There is no fuse box map in the owners manual. In case it matters, I noticed this 2 days after I had to jump start the car and then use a trickle charger to get get the battery back after it went dead from my garaging the car without connection to the trickle charger for several months. Everything else in the car works fine. thanks. Mark
Old 11-26-2015, 04:26 PM
Mark '98 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the fuse map inside the lid of the forward fuse box. On visual inspection, the two low beam fuses look good.
Old 11-26-2015, 07:04 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 408 Posts

I'd be surprised to see two fuses blowing at same time as well. Lighting problems are frequently stemming from corroded sockets or poor contacts, but again, it would be unusual for both to fail at same time. Wondering if this is related to your light switch lighting control?

Quick Reply: Headlamp low beam issue