Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Headlight Buzzer Relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 05:20 AM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

Am I missing the relay? The picture was taken by removed the fuel gauge. Trying to troubleshoot why I am not able to program the keyfobs, could this be the problem? Any help appreciated. Thanks. Andy
Attached Images  

Last edited by akrca4; 11-21-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 12:05 PM
Drisump
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea if this would cause extra headaches when trying to program fobs but I know first hand that fobs are APITA to program. Probably took me at least an hour...maybe much more to successfully program mine. I took many runs at at it, reading and rereading the factory instructions....and finally all the stars aligned and the fobs were programmed. In case you don't know, all of your fobs must be present and programmed at the same time, even ones that have already been programmed. Good luck with it.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:15 PM
akrca4
Pro

Thanks, I do have all the keyfobs with me, but just not able to get into the programming mode. Where "The Immobilizer warning light will light up and flash after 15 seconds".

I remember I read somewhere that all the lights need to be off and doors closed to be able to do the re-program. Just wondering if the relay has anything to do with it. Also, I think my car's door buzzer has been disabled too. I don't hear anything if I leave the key in ignition and open the door. Wondering if that also affects the programming?

Andy
Old 11-22-2015, 03:08 AM
Drisump
Racer

Not sure where you got the procedure but according to my info from the local dealer "the door lock must be unlocked, locked and unlocked again in 5 seconds. The acoustic alarm is then interrupted after one second"."...and so on.....very precise, very specific with no room for error. I can give you the entire written thing if you need it. Cheers.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:34 AM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no clue about programming the fobs, but you are missing the buzzer box. I've been into mine a ton recently trying to convert to LED turn signals and always remove the buzzer each time.
Old 11-22-2015, 05:27 AM
akrca4
Pro

Originally Posted by Drisump
Not sure where you got the procedure but according to my info from the local dealer "the door lock must be unlocked, locked and unlocked again in 5 seconds. The acoustic alarm is then interrupted after one second"."...and so on.....very precise, very specific with no room for error. I can give you the entire written thing if you need it. Cheers.
I have been following pp000830's key-fob setup procedure but having hard time get into the programming mode.(can never get the warning light to flash) Just wondering if this buzzer relay has anything to do with it?
https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...edure-10-1.pdf
Old 11-22-2015, 11:01 AM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,018 Posts

My car's OE door buzzer is not working or is not present and I am able to program. Have you searched for the most recent updated for the latest "programming made easy" posting here in the 993 technical group?
Old 11-22-2015, 12:00 PM
Drisump
Racer

This is Porsches procedure verbatim:
1.The door must be unlocked, locked and unlocked again in 5 seconds. The acoustic alarm is then interrupted after 1 second.
2. Open the door within ten seconds and switch the ignition on. The warning light in the clock will then light up and go out in 15 seconds.
3. Switch the ignition off and on again within 5 seconds. The warning light will light up and start to flash after 15 seconds.
4. You must start to enter the code number within 5 seconds.
5. Example: code number 1312
1=ignition off-on
Wait for warning light
3=ignition off-on, off on, off on
Wait for warning light
1= ignition off-on
Wait for warning light
2=ignition off-on, off-on
6. If the number is correct, the warning light will flash.
This is also the point at which tuning of the remote control units can start
7. Press key fob 1 and hold until door LED flashes- an acknowledgement to go to the next fob.
8. Press key fob 2 and hold until door LED flashes- an acknowledgement to go to the next fob..... And so on for up to four fobs.
Turn ignition off and the fobs will now work.
Note: The ignition key is on when the dashboard display lights up and is off when the dash goes dead and the key stops in the off position where the steering column lock is not triggered.
These are the instructions I used with success on my car. It is important to have the proper code, the Blaupunkt also comes with a four digit code.....which is not it. I've heard that cars that have had their DME changed will have a new code that may be written on the top of the DME which is located under the passenger seat. Cheerz
Old 11-22-2015, 12:20 PM
akrca4
Pro

Originally Posted by pp000830
My car's OE door buzzer is not working or is not present and I am able to program. Have you searched for the most recent updated for the latest "programming made easy" posting here in the 993 technical group?
is 10-1 version I have linked above the latest?
Old 11-22-2015, 12:24 PM
akrca4
Pro

I think the problem I have is I can not get pass step 3 you have listed below. My warning light never flashes. Just want to confirm the the off position is where the dash lights off and before the key can be released?

Originally Posted by Drisump
This is Porsches procedure verbatim: 1.The door must be unlocked, locked and unlocked again in 5 seconds. The acoustic alarm is then interrupted after 1 second. 2. Open the door within ten seconds and switch the ignition on. The warning light in the clock will then light up and go out in 15 seconds. 3. Switch the ignition off and on again within 5 seconds. The warning light will light up and start to flash after 15 seconds. 4. You must start to enter the code number within 5 seconds. 5. Example: code number 1312 1=ignition off-on Wait for warning light 3=ignition off-on, off on, off on Wait for warning light 1= ignition off-on Wait for warning light 2=ignition off-on, off-on 6. If the number is correct, the warning light will flash. This is also the point at which tuning of the remote control units can start 7. Press key fob 1 and hold until door LED flashes- an acknowledgement to go to the next fob. 8. Press key fob 2 and hold until door LED flashes- an acknowledgement to go to the next fob..... And so on for up to four fobs. Turn ignition off and the fobs will now work. Note: The ignition key is on when the dashboard display lights up and is off when the dash goes dead and the key stops in the off position where the steering column lock is not triggered. These are the instructions I used with success on my car. It is important to have the proper code, the Blaupunkt also comes with a four digit code.....which is not it. I've heard that cars that have had their DME changed will have a new code that may be written on the top of the DME which is located under the passenger seat. Cheerz
Old 11-22-2015, 12:35 PM
Drisump
Racer

Sorry the site did not maintain the formatting as entered.....so it's APITA to read. Near the end of that wall of text there is a Note: that describes what is ON and what is OFF.
Old 11-22-2015, 02:49 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Andy,
From what I understand, the door buzzer/chime relay is part of the complete circuit necessary for successful programming. Not the headlight relay.

In addition, the interior lights, engine bay light, frunk light, glove box light; in addition to door microswitches, clutch microswitch, frunk and engine bay microswitches.

When you close the car door with key out of the ignition, what does your doortop LED do? If it continues to double blink, its telling you there is an error in the system.

Drisump:
I've heard that cars that have had their DME changed will have a new code that may be written on the top of the DME which is located under the passenger seat.
This is only applicable for the immobilizer and alarm DME's, which are indeed located under the passenger seat. Not to be confused with the engine DME/ECU, which is located under the drivers seat.

Last edited by nine9six; 11-22-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:37 PM
akrca4
Pro

So headlight buzzer and door buzzer are on different relays? This is the part number I found:

Is this the correct relay for the complete circuit?

When I locked the door with remote, I'm getting single blink on the door top LED.

Originally Posted by nine9six
Andy, From what I understand, the door buzzer/chime relay is part of the complete circuit necessary for successful programming. Not the headlight relay. In addition, the interior lights, engine bay light, frunk light, glove box light; in addition to door microswitches, clutch microswitch, frunk and engine bay microswitches. When you close the car door with key out of the ignition, what does your doortop LED do? If it continues to double blink, its telling you there is an error in the system circuit.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:26 PM
akrca4
Pro

Ordered the door buzzer relay over the weekend, want to eliminate that piece of the puzzle first. Also, maybe someone in SoCal LA area who has done this before with finesse can help me get the car into programming mode...=)
Old 11-24-2015, 07:40 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by akrca4
So headlight buzzer and door buzzer are on different relays? This is the part number I found:

Is this the correct relay for the complete circuit?

When I locked the door with remote, I'm getting single blink on the door top LED.
Headlight buzzer and door buzzer may be the same p/n, but are indeed in different locations. The headlight buzzer is NOT part of the fob programming circuit.

Without using your door lock fob, you should be able to close the drivers door and observe the door top LED...After a couple of minutes, you should see via the LED's, the alarm self priming itself with rapid double blinks and settling into single blinks every two seconds. Does this occur? If so, it would seem the alarm and immobilizer are handshaking correctly.

When you put the key into the ignition, and turn to position II, (dash lights illuminate), does your programming fob indicator on your dash illuminate, and then go out? If so, all would seem to be working well in that area. If you can't see your dashboard fob light illuminate, you could very well have a ground fault, in the previously mentioned micro switch adjustments or wiring, or the aforementioned lighting wiring.
HTH

Last edited by nine9six; 11-25-2015 at 02:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Headlight Buzzer Relay