Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Headlight Buzzer Relay

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 10:39 PM
akrca4
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks nine9six, I put in the relay today (the one behind the fuel gauge) and got my door buzzer. However, still can't get into programming mode where the programming fob light flashes after 15 seconds. (I do get the fob light goes out then back on once, is this the flash?)

Originally Posted by nine9six
Without using your door lock fob, you should be able to close the drivers door and observe the door top LED...After a couple of minutes, you should see via the LED's, the alarm self priming itself with rapid double blinks and settling into single blinks every two seconds. Does this occur? If so, it would seem the alarm and immobilizer are handshaking correctly.
My door top LED do settling into single blinks so I guess the alarm and immobilizer are working correctly?

When you put the key into the ignition, and turn to position II, (dash lights illuminate), does your programming fob indicator on your dash illuminate, and then go out.
My programming fob indicator on the dash does illuminate then go out. When the immobilizer primed, the fob light goes out after 15 seconds then came back on, but doesn't flash for me to put in the code.....pretty frustrating....guess nothing is easy with my first p-car....
Old 11-26-2015, 09:51 AM
Drisump
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 15 second of being on, once the light goes out, do you turn ignition off and then on within five seconds as per the Porsche instructions?
Old 11-26-2015, 11:16 AM
akrca4
Pro

Originally Posted by Drisump
After 15 second of being on, once the light goes out, do you turn ignition off and then on within five seconds as per the Porsche instructions?
I did, but I didn't get the feedback per instructions that " 1 Cycle the ignition switch (OFF and then ON again) within 5 seconds The Immobilizer warning light will light up and flash after 15 seconds". I never got the flashes.

Last edited by akrca4; 11-26-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:14 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Andy,
Sounds like your system is OK, and that its an error in the premiminary programming. This, in and of itself is a huge relief!

(I do get the fob light goes out then back on once, is this the flash?)
No it is not.

My door top LED do settling into single blinks so I guess the alarm and immobilizer are working correctly?
Yes, it would appear so.

I never got the flashes.
When you do the on-off with the ignition key, are you going all the way off or just till the lights go off on the dash?

Also, it could be the mechanical ignition cylinder (where you insert the key), but lets not get ahead of ourselves...

P.S. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-27-2015, 02:32 AM
akrca4
Pro

Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
When you do the on-off with the ignition key, are you going all the way off or just till the lights go off on the dash?
I have actually tried both ways but none of them worked.
Also, it could be the mechanical ignition cylinder (where you insert the key)
I kind of started to suspect that it could be the ignition cylinder. The car does have almost 140k miles on it and sometimes it is hard for me to feel the "I" position...=( This is my first p-car so I don't really have any point of reference.

Quick Reply: Headlight Buzzer Relay