Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Lost of power, burning smoke from tail pipe.

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 04:05 PM
techman1
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I see your update you drained the oil, and I see the post about start with 8 quarts.

Did you drain the oil tank, and the engine?
Sounds like you have patience, and you are willing / enjoy working on the car, everything will be fine!
Lots of folks here will help!
Old 10-05-2015, 05:20 PM
vsouvann
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by techman1
I see your update you drained the oil, and I see the post about start with 8 quarts.

Did you drain the oil tank, and the engine?
Sounds like you have patience, and you are willing / enjoy working on the car, everything will be fine!
Lots of folks here will help!
thanks. I really like this forum. There are lots of folks who are willing to help. I will not rush into things trying to get it back on the road. I will check all the vacuum hoses today. Thanks for your help.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:10 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by vsouvann
The bottom plugs on the driver side were hard to get.
I think you need to change your username to "master of understatement". Although, honestly, I found the front-most passenger side bottom plug to be the worst. I swore I'd sell that car before I had to do it again, and I did, and now (of course) I wish I'd kept it, but that's another thread for another day.

Back to the topic of oil - these cars have a huge sump, so even if it's down a quart, you've still got plenty in there. Overfilling any car is bad. But it sounds like you've got the patience and the wrenching skills to keep going at it, and as you mentioned, this forum is a great resource.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:12 PM
vsouvann
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!!!! The nut keeps turning but won't come off.

I was trying to remove the oil breather on top of the engine. There are four 10mm nuts. I got three of them out without any problem. The last one keeps turning with my socket wrench, in it won't come off. Does anyone have a trick to get it off? It does have a little bit of the bolt/screw sticking up. Help!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Lost of power, burning smoke from tail pipe.