Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Alternator / Starter Reman in Orlando

Old 09-11-2015, 01:06 PM
techman1
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Alternator / Starter Reman in Orlando

Replaced the engine fan / bearing. Blade tips were splitting on 3. Decided to have the alternator looked at, even though not a lot of miles since the PO replaced it.

Took it to a local place in Orlando, FL. Central Florida Remanufactory Corp.

Now, here is the caveat. I am recommending them, even though they did not really bill me for any work. My request was, have them pop it open, clean replace any wear items, including the bearings.

They called the next day, and said come on over, all finished. When I got there, they said no charge. Everything checked out, brushes, bearings and all. Not only that, I had removed the washers/ nuts / bolts from the wire connections. I did not want them to get lost. He pointed out that he put new ones on for me. Again at no charge!

Then he started talking about a few porsche shop mechanics and owners in the area, and I realized this appeared to be a shop they sent their rebuild work to.

If you are in Orlando, even though they did not do a rebuild for me, I think I can recommend them. They do other electric motor rebuilds, including starters.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:51 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

That's awesome! It's great to hear that not everyone wants to take advantage of people.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alternator / Starter Reman in Orlando