Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

The latest on exhaust tips circa Aug 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2015, 05:05 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 71-3.0-911
^^ I'm interested in what you come up with. I've got the same issue with sending max flows to fister here soon. I really want black tips properly mounted. I hate the ones I have now.
I managed to take the old Fabspeed tips and remove the pipe from them with a grinder.
I then used the old pipe to attach the new style fabspeed tip.
It worked!

So if you want to reuse your old fabspeed maxiflos and satisfied with Fister Stage III sound, i suggest the following:

Send your mufflers to Fister.
Buy a pair of the new Fabspeed tips.
Take you old fabspeed tips and cut off the attachment pipes and re use them on the new fabspeed tips.

Fabrication in the form of grinding, cutting and welding is required but the end result is beautiful apperance and sound from an old set of Fabspeed maxiflos.

If you already have the mufflers, it will cost you the bill at Fister and the cost of the new tips from fabspeed along with a day of cutting and welding.

I have the Gillet muffler and 993 C4S widebody thus i used Fabspeed widebody wide ovals.

I can only assume the Fabspeed narrow body wide oval tips will also work on a narrow body car being Bichof or Gillet.....
Attached Images  

Last edited by tcsracing1; 10-06-2015 at 10:24 PM.

Quick Reply: The latest on exhaust tips circa Aug 2015?