993 Forum 1995-1998

Porschedials

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFatty
Opo, 911st, Madturk & Kingston - any luck progressing your dials with PD? Its been exactly a month since I made payment.

Ed hasn't responded to any of my emails during this period nor provided the design mock ups.
No response, no product
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Jjm4life
Is there no on in the US offering this service?
I believe North Hollywood Speedo and Palo Alto Speedo offer this service.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:11 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LPMM
I believe North Hollywood Speedo and Palo Alto Speedo offer this service.
I send mine first to Hollywood and they told me I will have to purchase the face else where and sent it to them and they will install it , I didn't try Palo Alto but I did contact Seattlespeedo and they do offer the service but for the more than double the price of Porschedials .
Old 12-07-2015, 10:00 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I send mine first to Hollywood and they told me I will have to purchase the face else where and sent it to them and they will install it , I didn't try Palo Alto but I did contact Seattlespeedo and they do offer the service but for the more than double the price of Porschedials .
Weird, I was looking at their custom coloring dials and bezels on their webpage. I may have to look elsewhere for a colored tach.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:12 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LPMM
Weird, I was looking at their custom coloring dials and bezels on their webpage. I may have to look elsewhere for a colored tach.
Interesting , maybe because mine was custom color 🤔 I have to call them today and find out if they found the arena red face dial , I told them I couldn't find it and they were going to check around and help, here's a picture of my gauges , all I'm changing is the speedometer from kilometers to miles

Old 12-07-2015, 12:05 PM
911PERVY
Banned

Received 223 Likes on 183 Posts

Julian Reap of Reap Auto Design can surely do that work, shipping about $30 each way I would guess, he charges about $150 for custom colours
Old 12-08-2015, 09:10 AM
kingston
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedFatty
Opo, 911st, Madturk & Kingston - any luck progressing your dials with PD? Its been exactly a month since I made payment.

Ed hasn't responded to any of my emails during this period nor provided the design mock ups.
Hello,

I dropped him another email but not heard anything back. Ive done a quick calculation and it would appear it takes him circa 2 months to turn around a dial judging by the dates on here. Apart from Opo who is getting shafted.

Each time i go to open a dispute im like ill give him 1 more week. So if ive not heard anything back by NYE ill open it then.

It does make me think if he is just the middle man and has them manufactured in China or somewhere.

Also, i finally managed to talk to Reap in London, UK and they are still trading. The guy wasnt sure why he didnt respond to my calls or messages but hes still trading just busy. During the chat with him, he mentioned that they both use the same guy in Belgium to repair actual dials/headunit. However Reap screen print their own dials and if its not an OEM colour, you have to send them the colour code
Old 12-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kingston
Hello,

I dropped him another email but not heard anything back. Ive done a quick calculation and it would appear it takes him circa 2 months to turn around a dial judging by the dates on here. Apart from Opo who is getting shafted.

Each time i go to open a dispute im like ill give him 1 more week. So if ive not heard anything back by NYE ill open it then.

It does make me think if he is just the middle man and has them manufactured in China or somewhere.

Also, i finally managed to talk to Reap in London, UK and they are still trading. The guy wasnt sure why he didnt respond to my calls or messages but hes still trading just busy. During the chat with him, he mentioned that they both use the same guy in Belgium to repair actual dials/headunit. However Reap screen print their own dials and if its not an OEM colour, you have to send them the colour code
Mine was special color and I had to send him the color code as well , it's ok if it takes a long time but answer your freaking emails and explain , is as simple as that .
I spoke to Hollywood Soeedo yesterday and they told me they have gauges from customers threat order their faces from Ed and they been there for 7 months and no answers form Ed at Porsche dials .😡 The funny thing is when is time to pay your emails are responded right away , that's what pisses me off 🤔
Old 12-08-2015, 05:05 PM
kingston
Intermediate

So Hollywood Speedo do work for Ed?

I agree, the lack of communication back is a ****ing joke and it cant take that long to screen print a dial. For me, its just a tacho face in a custom grey and thats it. I wasnt aware of the mock up so im hoping he remembers mines a .2 and not a .1 as the faces are different (apparently), hence why i think he is the middle man.

I guess ill find out come end of the month.

Hows the paypal claim coming along?
Old 12-08-2015, 05:51 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kingston
So Hollywood Speedo do work for Ed?

I agree, the lack of communication back is a ****ing joke and it cant take that long to screen print a dial. For me, its just a tacho face in a custom grey and thats it. I wasnt aware of the mock up so im hoping he remembers mines a .2 and not a .1 as the faces are different (apparently), hence why i think he is the middle man.

I guess ill find out come end of the month.

Hows the paypal claim coming along?
Hollywood does not do work for Ed , they do work for customers that but dials from Ed .

I haven't done a claim yet , I think is pointless since I made a payment almost 120 days ago 😡😡😡
Old 12-08-2015, 11:43 PM
logan2z
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I haven't done a claim yet , I think is pointless since I made a payment almost 120 days ago 😡😡😡
You've got 180 days to make a PayPal claim.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:53 PM
RedFatty
AutoX

Opo, Kingston and xcghg, I have just put a claim through.

If any of you made payment via Paypal, open a dispute asap as there is a delay before you can make a claim.

I agree, this gentleman is very responsive prior to payment but hopeless once you have paid.

Will keep you in the loop. Good luck guys.
Old 12-10-2015, 04:18 AM
kingston
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deepee
In the end I bought mine from Gemballa. But there are more suppliers in Germany:

http://www.heiler-tachodesign.de/Porsche_8
what did you put into google to find that link as if i just put in custom porsche tachometer it just comes up with Reap/Por Dials.

Thanks

Spoke to my mate who i asked to email with an enquiry - hes not heard back from either
Old 12-11-2015, 12:00 AM
TheBen
Drifting

Received 125 Likes on 93 Posts

No answer is the new "no". Had similar communication or lack of communication with a subcontractor. No answer to calls or texts for weeks. Finally an email telling me he is sorry and going out of business.

Probably the same here. I feel sorry but people just want communication, good or bad.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:43 AM
kingston
Intermediate

Whats happened to some of the posts or am i just dreaming that some have been deleted/removed?

Also, what happened to gfhgh posts?

Quick Reply: Porschedials