Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

BEWARE OF VOLLKOMMEN DESIGN USA, OWNER DARREN YOO a.k.a CREAMINZ!!!

Old 07-23-2015, 07:15 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BEWARE OF VOLLKOMMEN DESIGN USA, OWNER DARREN YOO a.k.a CREAMINZ!!!

Hi Guys,

Since mid-January, 2015, i have purchase a set of Vollkommen 997 GT3 wide body kit, Aeroflot Dynamics Splitter, Rennline tow hooks, 8 pcs of Nitto Invos and shipping to overseas from Darren Yoo and Victor Wu of Vollkommen Designs at 5418 Peck Road, El Monte, California (http://www.vollkommendesign.com/). I have advanced paid them for all purchases amounting to $12,100.

After countless months of painful communicating with VICTOR WU, the Sales Window of Vollkommen who almost never reply emails or messages (unless i am writing an email regarding buying more parts or sending money!) and waiting for technical feedback on the appropriate wheel sizes to fit the 997 Widebody kit from Darren Yoo@ Creaminz and "claim to be" Vollkommen Technical Manager, James "Floss" Camarador (http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...i-xdrive-2007/) (http://ultimateklasse.com/blog/2013/...aradors-e46-m3)

Anyway long story short, no specs given because the 2014 SEMA 997 VOLLKOMMEN SHOW CAR was using a inverted wheel BBS E88 wheel which was re-drilled to fit the 997 PCD. Hence Darren and James has no specific specs and the decision and recommendation made by Darren Yoo and James Camarador was have me build my wheels to my specs and they will adjust the wide body fenders to fit my wheels on a loaner 997 (from their circle of friends). So thats how i started the project and engaged in the purchase.

As of end May 2015, my custom wheels were fabricated and somehow i managed to get Darren, who advised me to sent the wheels to LTMW for fitting works. So i did and the wheels was confirmed received. During this duration, i have been able to reach Darren sporadically on text on updates of the fitting, but overtime a call was made, it was always either "waiting for loaner car" or "I have been busy" or just plain no reply. Subsequently, while waiting for the wheels and fenders to be matched (but never did so), i emailed Vollkommen to help me purchase 8 pcs of Nitto Tires, Victor Wu instantaneously replied me and gave me a quote and a promised delivery date. Again i sent money for the purchase, so that i can have my whees, tires and bodykit all delivered together to catch the same air freight date. However, upon making the payments and several courtesy email with Victor for payment and supposedly promise delivery confirmation, all communications with Darren and Victor came to a sudden halt!! I literally tried all means to reach Darren or Victor for updates and all efforts came to null for almost an entire month (including screening for people that may know them in rennlist such as IAPGT who had a bad experience with Darren over the purchase of his 2014 SEMA 997 GT3)

After screening and figuring out, i decided to call Long Tran of LTMW to reach out to Darren. Long was kind enough to pick my phone up and hear me out. I also asked Long if my stuff was in LTMW, he said nope, probably Darren has moved it. However, Darren never got back to me even after getting Long to reach him.
So i still went ahead to ask my car circle friends to help me out to reach them.

The effect of my friends calling around searching for Darren has led to John Zhang (http://1013mm.com/blog/search/ltbmw) and Courtney Winfield (https://instagram.com/courtney_wingfield/) to probably tip off Darren that i am looking for him. (Thanks to both of them!)
So this Tuesday (21st July,2015), Darren finally texted me and told me that my parts will be dropped off at "Bobby's place (Freight guy)" on Wednesday. Then when i requested for Bobby's number to make shipping arrangements and declaration, Darren immediately said "NO"! I was immediately stunned by his answer as i asked him how am i suppose to make shipping arrangements when i don't have forwarder's contact! In view of the situation, i told Darren that i will pick up the goods on my own and forget about using his forwarder, so i asked for my shipping refund of $2200. Then Darren asked for my bank account and replied that he will refund me! Subsequently the conversation went on and Darren began to tell me that 2 of my tires are not here and again i asked for refund (to get over this painful ordeal). He kept quiet! During this entire text messaging conversation, after all these hoopla, I asked Darren where are all my stuff and he mentioned it s all at LTMW! Then when i asked him when he is paying me, he kept quiet and until now......still no reply.

After this conversation with Darren, i called Long and told him that my goods are in his place and Darren told me to pick up from him! Long was somewhat surprised, and told me that he will call Darren to confirm. During this time, i have also informed my friend to call either Darren or Long to arrange for pickup. It took Long 2 days to confirm with my friend to pick up the parts and finally the pickup was materialised! I was glad that i somehow managed to scrape through this ordeal.

When my buddy arrived to pick up my parts, my joy instantly came to a halt! I found that only my 4 custom wheels (still in box) and bodykit (not even complete or fitted to my wheels) was there only, and NOTHING ELSE!! Tires? NO! Aeroflow Dynamics splitters and canards? NO! Rennline tow hooks? NO! My friend also spun by to Vollkommen Design address and found it to be just a small door with no signboards and no one. Vollkommen Design totally have no operations or what sort going on at that address (i have photos). Nevertheless, Long of LTMW texted me and said my friend came by and pick up my stuff as a gentle note.

So i am really flabbergasted and totally upset! I immediately texted Darren Yoo and also informed Long of LTMW that i want a refund for goods and services not rendered.....As usual Darren is not responding.

Initially, i was impressed by Vollkommen Designs products, their styling and the kind of recognition they get from sponsors/partner like Toyo Tires, Fatlace, LTMW, BBS, Bisimoto, SEMA Show award, Super street, Bimmer mags, and etc.
I cannot imagine that Vollkommen Design having gave me such good impressions of the rides that they design or make, provides such unprofessional service.

While i have a failed project over here, out there in El Monte, CA, Darren Yoo is happily smiling over his newly completed RWB Porsche "Sealing Wax" together with Victor Wu's cool blue BMW F80.
(http://stickydiljoe.com/2015/04/07/r...ng-wax-unveil/)
(https://instagram.com/creaminz_official/)
(https://instagram.com/ymb_f80/)

I have finally learnt that i should never believe in the lifestyle blogs (1013mm,stickydiljoe,instagram,FB and etc), car shows (SEMA, WEKFEST, etc) and magazine coverage of all these flashy individuals and so call custom car shops. All these social media/events should evaluate the background and reputation of custom shops or feature car/designer prior to publishing them to the public, ensuring they are reliable and trustworthy.
No more innocent victims!

All these while, I have spend so much time and efforts making emails, text messages and long trunk calls to get Vollkommen folks like Darren Yoo and Victor Wu to respond to me and get my parts delivered. Everything has screwed up my Porsche 997 project!! All these money spent has gone down the drain and i am still making the payments to finance this failed project.

I am writing this email to check if anybody else have had similar experience with Vollkommen or the names associated or other shops?
How did you guys overcome the problems?
Anyone can advise me how to get my refund?

Appreciate any kind of input or advise.
Meanwhile, i like to extend my sincere" thank you" to Long Tran of LTMW for helping me out in every little way.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:17 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 361 Posts

Cliff notes?
Old 07-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

OP, sorry for your troubles, but at least one other person had a bad buying experience from Darren Yoo/creaminz. See here: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...gt3-owner.html

Lesson learned. Avoid doing business with him and his cronies. Perhaps you can contact the guy that bought his GT3 and trade info. Good luck.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:00 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

Busta,

I have spoke to Paul before...he cautioned me.
I contacted Long Tran after reading his thread....

So i am still waiting for Darren to refund me as he promised....
Cross my fingers!
Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

cliff notes? i don't understand what you mean.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:05 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevpang
cliff notes? i don't understand what you mean.
Cliff Notes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CliffsNotes

It is used as an American idiom for representing a brief summary of content. In other words, someone is asking you to provide a synopsis in a few short sentences so they don't have to read your entire post.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Leander
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like you've been had. Looking at google maps, there appears to be no 5418 Peck Road.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Kevpang
Track Day

Summary:

My dealing with Vollkommen has been very bad.
The owner Darren and Sales guy Victor Wu are almost unreachable.
Anyway, after 6 months i have managed to get only a set of bodykit from them.
While i need to have a refund of shipping fee (own pick up), tire cost, aeroflow parts and rennline tow hooks.

Darren promised to refund, but he has gone silent after he requested for banking information.
I am trying to get him to refund me.....
Wasted time, money, effort and trust......
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 PM
quacktoduck
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey kevpang, there was a huge thread on the 997 forum about the car that darren sold to a shop on the east coast. you should read up possibly lawyer up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...gt3-owner.html
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 361 Posts

Have you talked to your credit card company about doing a charge back? Have you contacted the DA in El Monte and informed them of the problems?
Old 07-24-2015, 01:47 AM
Kevpang
Track Day

Originally Posted by pirahna
Have you talked to your credit card company about doing a charge back? Have you contacted the DA in El Monte and informed them of the problems?
I paid it via wire...cause i am overseas.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:49 AM
Kevpang
Track Day

Originally Posted by quacktoduck
hey kevpang, there was a huge thread on the 997 forum about the car that darren sold to a shop on the east coast. you should read up possibly lawyer up.

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...gt3-owner.html
Yup, i know that thread! Spoke to Paul too.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Kevpang
Track Day

Guys,

Darren has cleared the refund.
Thanks for providing solutions and suggestions.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:10 AM
JB 911
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevpang
I paid it via wire...cause i am overseas.
What a crap story. Glad it turned out.

Lots of people use credit cards to buy stuff overseas all the time. I realize vendors have to protect themselves too but this was probably a vendor (Darrens )requirement to have your bank info, def a bit of a red flag for anyone else in the future.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:13 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 269 Posts

Glad to hear things worked out. LT is a good guy and has been around the bmw crowd for quite some time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BEWARE OF VOLLKOMMEN DESIGN USA, OWNER DARREN YOO a.k.a CREAMINZ!!!