993 Forum 1995-1998

993 TRAIL SPEC: Journal Post 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 02:05 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 993 TRAIL SPEC: Journal Post 1

Hey guys, haven't posted much lately, but I follow the forum quite often and you guys are an immeasurable help to owning this dream car.

I am relocating to design carbon composites out in Seattle and have a big roadtrip coming up next week- Detroit to Denver, Denver to Seattle. I have been modding my polar silver c2 coupe since day one, and I figured the least I could do in return for all the write ups on here is to document the trip for you guys.

All the performance upgrades are already done, with alot of help from Gilson motorsports here in metro Detroit....Howard and Kurt deserve a big shout out, its a great shop.

The car needs nothing at this point (knock on wood)...and Im in the middle of installing some trail-ready accessories for the trip. Heres the spec sheet, stay tuned for pre and post journey trips....Cheers

P.S. if anyone in Denver (or anywhere along the route) wants to hang, Ill be there Aug 28-31

Old 07-21-2015, 02:08 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welcome!

Welcome to Seattle! There is a great 993 community, and Porsche generally, here.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Thanks! Really looking forward to it...so many great vibes and views in that city
Old 07-21-2015, 02:39 PM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Now that's a proper road trip vehicle. Can't wait for the pre/post pics.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:43 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Does something make Denver a destination en route? It's way out of your way.

I-90 is more direct with beautiful scenery in the Badlands/Black Hills. If you do go to Denver, I have possible itinerary points for you.
Old 07-21-2015, 03:02 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Does something make Denver a destination en route? It's way out of your way.

I-90 is more direct with beautiful scenery in the Badlands/Black Hills. If you do go to Denver, I have possible itinerary points for you.
Actually when I ran the route on maps it only saves a few hundred miles difference going straight across (approx. 2400 vs. 2600)

Plus I am stopping in Denver to pick up a good friend and co-pilot and to rest for a few days.

I love the Rockies, so any chance to drive through them is a must- the route we are doing is going to snake all the way up CO-WY-MT-WA...Lots of great camp spots, hot springs, and skeet shooting
Old 07-21-2015, 04:02 PM
IPGJames
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

subscribed.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:26 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What's with the Benelli Defense? Isn't the HK45 more appropriate for the German 993?
Old 07-21-2015, 04:47 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by delisedesign
Actually when I ran the route on maps it only saves a few hundred miles difference going straight across (approx. 2400 vs. 2600)

Plus I am stopping in Denver to pick up a good friend and co-pilot and to rest for a few days.

I love the Rockies, so any chance to drive through them is a must- the route we are doing is going to snake all the way up CO-WY-MT-WA...Lots of great camp spots, hot springs, and skeet shooting
Lot of great options for CO-WY-MT...

Will you head north out of Denver or west?

Have you seen Yellowstone and the Tetons and the Winds? Awesome museum in Cody. Beartooth Pass is incredible. So many choices...
Old 07-21-2015, 04:56 PM
quacktoduck
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the drive from Virginia to Seattle in 3 days alone in my 993.

I started in VA to St. Louis then went through denver then to Boulder to sleep at a buddys place, then to Utah to visit friends.

Wyoming has nice flat roads and the roads out of CO through the rockies are beautiful.

I hit some snow in Idaho but i was traveling in march. you will enjoy the drive from boise to oregon to WA, great roads coming into seattle but be aware of the brush fires in eastern WA, some of the roads were closed over the weekend. Also good to have a radar detector and good music atleast a working radio.

Also not sure if youll be conceal carrying as i see youll have the benelli in the cargo area. but i know that CO and IL does not have reciprocity but eveywhere in between might be OK for your concealed carry permit if you have one. also be aware of any laws for transporting firearms.

welcome to seattle.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:21 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by delisedesign

Have you considered a pickup truck instead?
Old 07-21-2015, 07:39 PM
Texas993
Race Car

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Awesome graphic. I question ripping through the mountains with that bike mount set up and roof rack. Is that your plan?

I mounted a roof rack with 1 bike on my former 993. I was shocked at the way that it upset the aerodynamics of the car - and the handling with the weight up top. I cannot imagine what the 993 would be like with the equipment you are considering.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:49 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

I like this.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:24 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Lot of great options for CO-WY-MT...

Will you head north out of Denver or west?

Have you seen Yellowstone and the Tetons and the Winds? Awesome museum in Cody. Beartooth Pass is incredible. So many choices...

I'll be going North, and I really do look forward to Yellowstone...will check out Beartooth for sure
Old 07-21-2015, 11:46 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Originally Posted by quacktoduck
I did the drive from Virginia to Seattle in 3 days alone in my 993.

I started in VA to St. Louis then went through denver then to Boulder to sleep at a buddys place, then to Utah to visit friends.

Wyoming has nice flat roads and the roads out of CO through the rockies are beautiful.

I hit some snow in Idaho but i was traveling in march. you will enjoy the drive from boise to oregon to WA, great roads coming into seattle but be aware of the brush fires in eastern WA, some of the roads were closed over the weekend. Also good to have a radar detector and good music atleast a working radio.

Also not sure if youll be conceal carrying as i see youll have the benelli in the cargo area. but i know that CO and IL does not have reciprocity but eveywhere in between might be OK for your concealed carry permit if you have one. also be aware of any laws for transporting firearms.

welcome to seattle.
Thanks for the heads up!
Legally speaking, yeah, having weapon separate from ammo along with my license is enough to keep me clear...good looking out nonetheless....

Cant tell whether Im more stoked for destination Seattle or the journey getting there.

Quick Reply: 993 TRAIL SPEC: Journal Post 1