993 Forum 1995-1998

Porsche/993 related recommendations for Europe trip *slightly OT*

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 11:49 PM
bukowski
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche/993 related recommendations for Europe trip *slightly OT*

I am about to head out on a two month trip to Europe trip. I plan on visiting the Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, Ferrari, and Lamborghini museums as well as attending the Hungarian and Belgian Grand Prix. I would really appreciate any recommendations for Porsche/993 and other car related recommendations as I know us 993 nuts are spread all across the globe! I will be visiting Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, northern Italy, Germany, Belgium, Holland, and the Czech Republic. Any input on countries/cities that are a must see would be welcomed as well. Thanks in advance for the guidance!
Old 07-18-2015, 12:11 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Absent an outpouring of welcome into other's homes (garages?)--feel free for those of you around the world to give a heads up if your travels take you through the Bay Area--the Deutches Museum in Munich is worthwhile on several fronts. (And then there's Dachau, on the outskirts...........)

And it's been a looooooooong time since we did the Euro Delivery on a BMW, but our travels through Italy had us in Milan where Monza is in a city park, and Turin wandering through the Fiat museum. Pagani has some sort of tour, too. Another non-car stop we stumbled on was the "World's Oldest Man" at the museum in Bolzano.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:29 AM
bukowski
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I completely forgot about Pagani. I'm sure that would be an amazing tour of the unattainable. I'm curious how much of the fabrication and composite work is done on site? The worlds fair is in Milan this year with a focus on "Feeding the planet, energy for life" so I plan on a few days of eating non-stop. Of course if anyone is traveling through the bay area I too would love to show a fellow Rennlister the bay area although I am sure you are a better source of Porsche related bay area fun!

Quick Reply: Porsche/993 related recommendations for Europe trip *slightly OT*