Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993FEST 2015- The Official Details and Sign up Page!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 08:36 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts
Default 993FEST 2015- The Official Details and Sign up Page!

993FEST 2015 is officially ON! June 26-28th

www.993FEST.com

I am really excited to announce that we have added a 2-day tour to the schedule for those hard core drivers who want nothing more than to be behind the wheel of their 993! That tour will leave Tacoma, WA on Friday the 26th at Noon and will arrive in Vancouver, WA at 5pm. We will have a group dinner and prepare for the morning drive where we will rendezvous with the group leaving from Washougal. This is a great chance for past participants to drive an entirely new route!

For those wanting just a 1-day drive we will still have groups leaving from Issaquah, WA and one from Washougal, WA.

Here are the basics:

993FEST is a two day event that specifically caters to the Porsche 993, the last air-cooled Porsche produced from 1995-1998. Many of us feel that God dropped the 993 down from the Heavens in almost perfect form, if that describes you please come and participate! Our weekend contains elements interesting to almost all including driving, social gathering, 993 display, 993 specific technical session and a rousing good time at our 993FEST final gathering.

Where is the Event Located:

We have drives leaving from Tacoma, WA, Issaquah, WA and Washougal, WA (just outside Portland, OR). In the past we have had people come from all over the country, you are welcome from anywhere! If you need to have a vehicle shipped in for the event, please let me know and we can generally handle storage in either Portland or Seattle for days before or after the event.

What is the Schedule?

Friday June 26th- Group Leaving from Tacoma, WA- 2 day Drive Participants

12:00- Arrive at a pre-determined gathering point for driver meeting and route instructions. This portion of the drive will last approximately 4 hours.

6:00 PM- Dinner at Gustav's in Vancouver, WA

Saturday June 27th- Groups Drives Leaving from Issaquah, WA and Washougal, WA

9am- Arrive at a pre-determined gathering point for driver meeting and route instructions. This portion of the drive will last approximately 3 hours.

12:30- Lunch to be hosted at Bon Vino's Bistro, Sunnyside Washington.

1:30- Leave from Bon Vino's with a route to be announced.

4:00- Arrive in Richland, WA. Relax, check into your hotel or clean up the car before the big event!

5:30- 993FEST Gathering at Columbia Valley Luxury Cars- Richland, WA. 993 Specific Technical Session, don't miss this!

6:30- Dinner, Beer and Wine and Live Music. Come and show off your pride and joy!

Sunday June 28th

10:30 AM-Optional Wine Tour, come experience 4 of Columbia Valley's finest wineries!

Who Can Come?

993FEST is a gathering open to anybody who loves the Porsche 993. We are a family friendly event so feel free to bring spouses, significant others, children... We especially welcome potential 993 owners, what better way to learn about the cars than to see some many together? For those non 993 owners, you are welcome to participate in the driving portion however we will place you in a group with other non-993 drivers.

What is the Route?

The route is a closely guarded secret, however be assured that it will be fun, interesting and as much non interstate as possible! For those wanting more seat time please sign up for the 2 day drive!… Drivers need to plan to arrive with a full tank of gas and plan to travel ~500 miles over the course of the weekend.

What is the History of 993FEST?

993FEST was founded in 2012 by Nathan Merz, a longtime Porsche fanatic and 993 fan. While he loves all P-cars and owns many different generations of air-cooled 911's he saw a demand for a very focused 993 event. Well, it turns out that he was right because 993FEST 2012 attracted more than 25 993's on short notice and was a resounding success. He is the owner of Columbia Valley Luxury Cars (www.cvluxurycars.com )

Are Accommodations Availible?

This is an EXTREMELY busy weekend in Richland so PLEASE reserve your room early. We have a block of rooms reserved at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. Single King rooms are $159 and 2 Queen Rooms are $179. Please contact the hotel directly and tell them you are part of "993FEST". The can be contacted at 509-371-1550. http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en...AHW/index.html

As of this time we have no other blocks reserved, if you need help finding a room please contact us.

Is there a cost to attend 993FEST?

When we confirm your reservation we will ask for a fee to cover the cost of the dinner and entertainment. You can pay by credit card here on the payment page or mail us a check. The cost is $50 per person.

Can I Offer to Help?

Absolutely! We are looking for volunteers to be drive group leaders, event photographers, technical session leaders and more. CONTACT us to volunteer.

Register Here: http://993fest.com/Sign_up.html

Last edited by nathan1; 04-27-2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2015, 10:20 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by nathan1

We have a block of rooms reserved at the Homewood Suites by Hilton. Single King rooms are $159 and 2 Queen Rooms are $179.
Booked!
11 reserved rooms remain.

However, Homewood Suites didn't realize there was an extra discount for being the lucky 1 whose photo was picked as the '2015 poster.'
...Just kidding -- the only 'discount' I should get is the privilege of buying Festers the 1st round at the after-party
Old 04-28-2015, 12:30 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I am going to look for a hotel in Northeast Portland or Southeast Vancouver close to our departure point on Saturday morning. Any suggestions from local folks? Also, please pm me if you are interested in a hotel room and/or the dinner at Gustav's. Nathan and I are trying to figure out if we should reserve a block of rooms but want to get a sense of participation levels before making the commitment. Thanks.

Last edited by mgerber; 04-28-2015 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 04-28-2015, 03:19 PM
beetle08
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tagging along with my 964.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Will people from the day 1 drive be meeting others in Issaquah on Sat am, or this a completely different morning route?

Noticed it was over 2 hours from Vancouver WA.

Last edited by Knight; 04-28-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 05:32 PM
Donster
Pro

Would love to attend but it will have to be another year.
Old 04-28-2015, 06:12 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

Baron,

The Day 1 folks will actually be meeting in Washougal WA Sat AM and taking a different route from the folks leaving from Issaquah, although I believe we will all be meeting up before heading to Bon Vino's in Sunnyside. Nathan or Matt should be able to clarify. I'm attending and will be relegated to the second-class non-993 group.

Jim

Originally Posted by Knight
Will people from the day 1 drive be meeting others in Issaquah on Sat am, or this a completely different morning route?

Noticed it was over 2 hours from Vancouver WA.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 PM
mgerber
Pro

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Baron,

The Day 1 folks will actually be meeting in Washougal WA Sat AM and taking a different route from the folks leaving from Issaquah, although I believe we will all be meeting up before heading to Bon Vino's in Sunnyside. Nathan or Matt should be able to clarify. I'm attending and will be relegated to the second-class non-993 group.

Jim
Jim is correct. There are two different departure points and routes planned for Saturday morning. The two different groups will meet at Bon Vino's.

Jim - look forward to seeing you, albeit you will be traveling with the steerage class passengers. Kidding aside, the event will be huge fun for all of the participants, regardless of the car being driven!!!
Old 04-28-2015, 07:35 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,003 Likes on 377 Posts

Matt, I noticed you have a GT4 on order. I want to sign up for being one of your first non-familial passengers in that bad boy. Looking forward to hearing more about it at 993Fest. Woot!
Old 04-28-2015, 08:43 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Baron, The Day 1 folks will actually be meeting in Washougal WA Sat AM and taking a different route from the folks leaving from Issaquah, although I believe we will all be meeting up before heading to Bon Vino's in Sunnyside. Nathan or Matt should be able to clarify. I'm attending and will be relegated to the second-class non-993 group. Jim
Great Jim!

Then some of us from up here will do the Friday drive, nice to check out a different route.
Old 04-28-2015, 11:30 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 403 Likes on 122 Posts

The 2 day drive should be AMAZING, so if you can spare the time please plan on it! The Friday drive is unique and then we are joining the Portland crew for the Saturday drive to Bon Vino's. I have loved the Issaquah drive but always been jealous of the Porltand crew as thier drive has some of the most spectacular scenery anywhere in the PNW!
Old 04-29-2015, 12:33 AM
CB993
Intermediate

Just registered. Looking forward to the drive and meeting like minded folks. Leaving from Portland.
Old 04-29-2015, 02:46 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Considering it. Just depends on how much time my wife wants to take off, and that it would be a part of a week plus trip in the area. (There's even a relatively cheap SFO-PSC nonstop on Saturday afternoon.)

And since both 993s are terminally laid up, 550HP of Ruf R Turbo fury will have to be tolerated. But I can toss the keys to anyone who wants to sample what double the power of a normally aspirated 993 offers.
Old 04-30-2015, 02:52 PM
mgerber
Pro

Originally Posted by race911
Considering it. Just depends on how much time my wife wants to take off, and that it would be a part of a week plus trip in the area. (There's even a relatively cheap SFO-PSC nonstop on Saturday afternoon.)

And since both 993s are terminally laid up, 550HP of Ruf R Turbo fury will have to be tolerated. But I can toss the keys to anyone who wants to sample what double the power of a normally aspirated 993 offers.
Ken - Hope you can make it. I don't think anyone will mind the RUF R tagging along, and certainly don't think you will have much of a problem keeping up!

Look forward to meeting you...

Matt
Old 05-01-2015, 02:23 AM
stace
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

all signed up! looking forward to meeting everyone and some great driving!

Quick Reply: 993FEST 2015- The Official Details and Sign up Page!