Sponsored by:

Company review: Luxsport Motor Group

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 PM
CHJ
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stevieboats
My experience with Luxsport could not have been more different then yours. The purchase of my 40k mile 97 993 was filled with lies, misrepresentations and unfulfilled promises. It was a BAD experience. The bumper respray I payed for was done bumper on overspray everywhere. 3m clear payed for not done. Second set of keys...never got. Original radio and service records advertised but not delivered. Delivery promises not kept. Phone calls not returned. Two weeks after paying, still no car, no communication, and a lot of concern.
Sorry it didn't work for you. I'm not sure when that happened, but perhaps things have changed. Being from NY, did you visit the facility? Did they have the one at New Hyde Park? Did you have a PPI?

ChuckJ
Old 04-25-2015, 08:08 AM
stevieboats
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i visited former faciltity. No PPI. these issues where not related to anything a PPI would have revealed
Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 AM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice cab. I think I almost purchased that car about two years ago. The 993 cab market was iffy at the time so I passed on the car but I recall it being quite nice. Good luck and enjoy it!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Cemoto
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 74 Posts

Here are some more pictures. . . .

http://www.luxsport.com/1995-porsche...old=Available&

Old 04-25-2015, 05:46 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Luxsport is one of two dealers in the world I would never do business with. Good luck with your car.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:30 PM
Scottswash96
Track Day

My guess is the other dealer is located in Texas.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:38 AM
Bluegrass9934S
Instructor

Destacaddo in defense of LuxSport, it looks like you have not done business with them, you simply lost a car they acquired which ended up at Wilhoit Entperprises, I read through your older post:

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...-luxsport.html

this seems like a little bit of sour grapes, we all know how hard these cars are to acquire, lets not bash LuxSport for getting to the cars before us private buyers do, that is what they are in business to do....This seems like a positive review which is getting hated on by some of the members....
Old 04-29-2015, 08:12 AM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Then you'd know that they didn't win the auction, let him assume they did during conversation -- and proceeded to threaten the guy with their lawyers. How you act when you purchase a car is often similar to how you act when you sell one.

Ironically, the guy didn't sell them the car and you only know half the story because the second half never was posted. Further, I ended up with a better car so please take your sour grape nonsense and shove it.

The post from the guy above about Luxsport doesn't surprise me at all. They seem like the standard classic Porsche dealer these days; some guys will get fantastic cars due exclusively to the care taken by the previous owners; others will get polished over cars with hidden issues...

Last edited by destaccado; 04-29-2015 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:57 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

I emailed Luxsport about a car. They told me it was available. I called them and left two messages and numerous emails. They emailed me back 3 days later and told me the car was sold. Not the best customer service.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Todynot
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 83 Posts

I bought a bunch of bananas the other day, got home and peeled one back and found a bruise. Never shopping there again.
Old 04-30-2015, 11:31 PM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Todynot
I bought a bunch of bananas the other day, got home and peeled one back and found a bruise. Never shopping there again.
The next step in your analogy is taking that banana back to the store and asking them to exchange it. If they do, they are a good business in my book. If they start telling you that you are the one who put a bruise on it and you should go fly a kite.. yes, you would not shop there again.

There's this concept called "customer service". I know, it's mostly lost, but it's still a good concept, trust me.
Old 05-01-2015, 01:32 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

I'll chime in not to stir the pot any more than it already has been, but to share an experience.

When I was searching for a 993, I had talked to them on several occasions. The first thing that somewhat brushed me the wrong way is that they listed a bunch of cars on their website under current inventory, yet the majority of those had been long sold. For example, there was a red 96 C4S with HB seats priced at $65K, and when I called, with very visible sarcasm mind you, I was told it had been sold the prior year... Ditto for the next C4S I had asked (black, priced at $69K IIRC). Their attitude aside, my positive criticism/feedback to them was to (obviously) not list vehicles that they no longer own. I see the website is revised now (finally has a sold section without the pricing details), but it literally took months. I took that as a (cheap) way to bolster/self-proclaim their status as a 'top aircooled dealer' and portraying to have a much bigger inventory and pipeline than in reality. As a serious buyer with funds on hand (and local!), I kindly asked to be put on any mailings, or upcoming searches having given them my desired parameters (e.g. late model C4S) and while I was assured of such, never heard again.

Another item that did not give me very much comfort was their knowledge (or lack thereof) of the actual car they are selling. Let me give you a very specific example that just drew the line for me, and I decided I wouldn't put much trust in their offerings.

The example that truly troubled me: they have (and have had for several months now) an 89 E30 M3 for sale (fairly low mileage, Diamond Schwartz). Looks good from 10ft away (and admittedly from their photo sessions). However, I have intimate knowledge of that actual car, as a close friend had purchased it from a WI dealer (in the low $30s) sight unseen, and shipped it directly to one of the top E30 authorities in the country for a post-purchase inspection (in NJ), before taking formal delivery (in VA). During that PPI a series of pretty serious items were discovered. In defense to the original WI seller/dealer, many of these were likely unknown to them as they had just taken the vehicle in inventory as a trade and listed it immediately. Being the standup operation they are, they offered my friend full refund and paid to have the car shipped back to them from NJ to WI. So my friend was essentially out just for the PPI (and he never took delivery).

That car generated a lot of buzz on the E30 M3 boards (google-ing the VIN will likely get you some 'interesting' discussions). After a few months since the WI dealer took her back, Lux bought it from same WI dealer. And listed the car for...$80K. As I had spoken to them before on 993 matters, and consider myself well versed for most things E30 M3 since I own one, I called Lux and wanted to share the information I knew about the car. I even read over the phone the 3-pages plus extensive report from the post-purchase inspection, and they casually dismissed all of that on the premises that this was a near 30-yr old car and this is all 'par for the course'... I was shocked honestly, did not expect such reaction. It was very apparent they knew very little about the platform and should perhaps just stick to what they allege to know best. Months after, they still have the very same car, priced now for $25K less than their original ask (now @ $55K), and not surprisingly, still no takers. But someone will eventually end up owning what on prima vista is marketed to look like a low mileage gem, when in fact there is more than meets the untrained eye, and sadly all that is known to the seller... So maybe on occasion you can give someone a pass based on ignorance, but hardly the case here...
Old 05-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear that the OP had a good buying experience. Unfortunately, dealing with most car dealers/brokers is the complete opposite. Usually it is awful. My guess for the good experience is because the buyer actually went and saw the car in person and proved that he was educated on these cars. It is much harder to bull**** a guy who actually knows what it is that he is talking about.
Old 05-01-2015, 07:26 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 216 Likes on 92 Posts

+1, but I would suggest a PPI before purchase and not rely on any "verbals" especially with "expert" re-sellers.
Old 05-04-2015, 05:12 AM
samsnead
Pro

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ml#post8605472

Quick Reply: Company review: Luxsport Motor Group