993 Forum 1995-1998

Attention San Francisco peeps

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 08:00 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Attention San Francisco peeps

Hey guys , I will be in San Francisco on Saturday the 25th , let me know if you guys want to get together again for some coffee and aircooled cars
Old 04-09-2015, 10:04 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Rudy, we have never had the pleasure to meet in person....but I have watched your collection grow with great admiration, I really like your style. I was the original founder of FD Motorsports, then I decided to sell it to Darin and Mark, since their last names began with F and D. OK, I made that part up, but we all go back about 10 years together, we bought our 993s about the same time. I am out here in the East Bay, near FDM, and I would love to get a chance to meet you. I am supposed to get home from Denver Friday night, 4/24. I will watch for details and try to be there. Paul
Old 04-09-2015, 10:14 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by pstraub
Hi Rudy, we have never had the pleasure to meet in person....but I have watched your collection grow with great admiration, I really like your style. I was the original founder of FD Motorsports, then I decided to sell it to Darin and Mark, since their last names began with F and D. OK, I made that part up, but we all go back about 10 years together, we bought our 993s about the same time. I am out here in the East Bay, near FDM, and I would love to get a chance to meet you. I am supposed to get home from Denver Friday night, 4/24. I will watch for details and try to be there. Paul
That will be awesome Paul , as a matter a fact I will be at FD motors Monday morning the reason for my trip to California is because I found a 1990 c2 in Hawaii with 7778 miles , so me and the wife are flying to San Diego Wednesday and picking up the car at the port Thursday , than we will drive to San Francisco and spend the weekend there , from there I'm going to stop Monday at FD motors so the guys can check the car out before I head back to texas we will drive to Vegas and spend a couple of nights there than head to katy after that , it's going to be a adventure for me and the wife plus that car needs to be driven some serious miles looking forward to meeting you Paul
Old 04-09-2015, 10:29 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic Rudy, sounds like a great trip, you and your wife will see some beautiful sights along the way. Worst case, I will get to see you at FDM on Monday, but I am up for something on the weekend too. Thanks, looking forward to meeting you soon!
Old 04-09-2015, 10:37 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

Not sure about my schedule during that time but I will try to make it if I can.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:42 PM
Dan V
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been years since I've done a 'cars and coffee'. Count me in.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:04 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It would be great to meet you. Perhaps a meet-up in the SF area and a little backroad drive would be in order.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:05 PM
asofine
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm game for whatever!
Old 04-10-2015, 12:15 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

This is awesome , since I'm not familiar with the area someone needs to set up a time and place and we can go from there
Old 04-10-2015, 01:12 AM
Harry L
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rudy:

I will do my best to be there.

It has always been a pleasure speaking with you, and it would be great to meet you in person.

Harry
Old 04-10-2015, 01:27 AM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I should be around.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:34 AM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Bummer. I'm out of town.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:49 AM
porsche bud
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll try to join as well! You can see your hollow spoke 993 turbo twist wheels you sold too soon to me.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:42 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
Paul,
I see you changed your avatar!
Even after Mr. Rossi, at age 36 , won the opener in Qatar?!?
Were you really the founder of FD, or was it the names that were the made up part?

Rudy,
Lots of good Indy's capable of a thorough PPI between SD and SF area, ya know! Unless you and the wifey just want to make a trip to SF
Old 04-11-2015, 12:01 AM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
That will be awesome Paul , as a matter a fact I will be at FD motors Monday morning the reason for my trip to California is because I found a 1990 c2 in Hawaii with 7778 miles , so me and the wife are flying to San Diego Wednesday and picking up the car at the port Thursday , than we will drive to San Francisco and spend the weekend there , from there I'm going to stop Monday at FD motors so the guys can check the car out before I head back to texas we will drive to Vegas and spend a couple of nights there than head to katy after that , it's going to be a adventure for me and the wife plus that car needs to be driven some serious miles looking forward to meeting you Paul
You are going to be close to Simi Valley on your way to San Francisco, call if you want to make a quick pit stop.

Quick Reply: Attention San Francisco peeps