Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Old School Thoughts - Side Script and Zuffenhaus Fuchs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 11:16 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I was confusing the Zuffenhaus fuchs with the Fuchsfelge fuchs. The fuchfelge are different, correct?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:15 AM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

993 wheels look terrible on a longhood, just like longhood wheels look terrible on a 993.
Old 03-29-2015, 02:53 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Side Scripts

If anyone is interested, I tried mounting them both ways on my 993. First according to early specs, with the lower line of the PORSCHE script running below the door line, over the rocker deco, and with the first break before the lettering aligned with the leading door line. Second, with the lower line of the PORSCHE resting on top of the rocker deco along the lower line of the door and centered on the door. I did not like the original spec mounting because it did not look right on the 993, but mounting over the door deco made it look like it belonged on the car. I preferred the original spec fore/aft placement, with the first break on the leading edge of the door, but not enough to buy another set of scripts and re-do it.

Last edited by Silver Surfer; 09-06-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-29-2015, 04:04 PM
mgerber
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
If anyone is interested, I tried mounting them both ways on my 993. First according to early specs, with the lower line of the PORSCHE script running below the door line, over the rocker deco, and with the first break before the lettering aligned with the leading door line. Second, with the lower line of the PORSCHE resting on top of the rocker deco along the lower line of the door and centered on the door. I did not like the original spec mounting because it did not look right on the 993, but mounting over the door deco made it look like it belonged on the car. I preferred the original spec fore/aft placement, with the first break on the leading edge of the door, but not enough to buy another set of scripts and re-do it.
Thanks Mark and much appreciate the input on the side script placement. Agree after seeing a few 993s with different decals that placement can make it look very good or very bad. I may have to bribe you with a beer or two for some in person placement advice...
Old 03-29-2015, 04:45 PM
Silver Surfer
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Side Scripts

No need for a bribe buddy, though a beer is always welcome. I think I am one of the few who have placed these on a 993, and has tried more than one placement. Any time.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 PM
Sam P
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver Surfer
Agree
Thank You for that info as mine are too low and crooked - new set will be coming

Sam

Old 03-30-2015, 11:52 PM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mgerber

Zuchs?
Old 04-02-2015, 04:39 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18" Zuchs.

Just unboxed these today:

18 inch Zuchs

18 inch Zuchs;indistinguishable from 17s.

(and yes, that's a 12incher in the rear.)

Quick Reply: Old School Thoughts - Side Script and Zuffenhaus Fuchs?