Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Scissor Lifts: Bendpak MD-6XP vs. Dannmar Cadet 6000XL

Old 03-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Can't believe the price increases in the last decade. Mine was under $1300 delivered on liftgate in 04 or 05. Great "investment"!
Old 03-28-2015, 12:00 PM
Emo993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Martin, I can only speak of Bendpak. I think the best, and best for the money.
Putting it in the floor is the greatest. I put a cover on it so its gone when not in use. Also, its a great 4 x 8 foot work bench that just comes out of the floor. Had it for seven years, many can on it. Engine work, transmission replacement, lots of brake jobs, underside cleaning for Porsche Parades etc. Only took a day in infall in floor. Mark

Last edited by Emo993; 07-03-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:04 PM
Emo993
Rennlist Member

Sorry, that is, many car's on it.....and only a day to install. Mark
Old 03-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

I'm leaning toward a four post to maximize storage capacity, but man that is one sweet looking recessed scissor lift Emo993!
Old 03-28-2015, 01:08 PM
EMBPilot
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
I'm leaning toward a four post to maximize storage capacity, but man that is one sweet looking recessed scissor lift Emo993!
you would prob get more 'capacity' with a scissor lift. as its stowed under the car. another advantage of it, is you can move it for projects to utilize space in your garage depending on the job... a two post movable lift needs to be unbolted, moved and room to store the posts.

where are you guys getting these metal plates to lay down for the rollers? dimensions?
Old 03-28-2015, 02:58 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 360 Posts

Thanks EMB, but I'm talking about this type of storage. I'm building a detached two car garage and want to get three cars in there. The four post stands freely FYI, and can be moved with optional rollers. Will probably acquire a pair of sliding jacks as well. Just doing my research now.

http://www.erikaslist.com/Pictures/sIMG_7280.jpg

Old 03-28-2015, 03:58 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by EMBPilot
you would prob get more 'capacity' with a scissor lift. as its stowed under the car. another advantage of it, is you can move it for projects to utilize space in your garage depending on the job... a two post movable lift needs to be unbolted, moved and room to store the posts.

where are you guys getting these metal plates to lay down for the rollers? dimensions?
Dimensions......8" x 24" x 1/4" thick Aluminum

I bought it off of ebay, similar to this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4-x-6-x-24...item23404cafc9

Other Specifics from my install, I copied this from my posting:

Howdy Again Guys!! Since doing this project earlier this year I've received several PM's and emails from guys who were thinking about doing something similar. I decided to post up some of the specifics to answer some future potential questions, please remember this is what has worked for me using the Atlas TD6MR lift, using a different lift and dealing with your specific garage floor and configuration will change things......in other words do whatever at your own risk, YMMV, etc. What I did and worked well for me:

-Hole Size: 89 1/2" Length by 46 5/8" Wide (Remember that I used 1/8" thick angle stainless steel and 5/8" composite decking to trim out hole)
-Depth of Hole after digging it out: Minimum of 14"
-Expanded the Hole 12" to 18" under Existing Floor for Additional Support
-Thickness of Poured Concrete: Minimum of 7"
-5 Piers dug 12" in Diameter, Minimum of 36" Deep, tied together with rebar
-Depth of Finished Recess: 7" from Garage Floor to Recessed Floor
-Hydraulic Cement was used to Finish out the Hole Sides / Uprights
-I waited 30 days for all Concrete to Cure before Drilling / Anchoring Composite Sides
-Size of Aluminum Plates: 8" x 24" x 1/4" Sourced from Ebay
-PVC Pipe used to run lines through is 1 1/2", Coring Bit used to Drill Floor was 2"
-I did place a piece of 1 1/2" PVC Pipe into Concrete on Front Corner of Recess to act as a Drain just in case
-If you pursue my custom made release lever or find you need a longer cable (Bicycle brake cable), I had no luck sourcing one so I made my own:
http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ble?highlight=

Lastly, When figuring out where to cut your hole, remember that you don't want to simply center it up since the lifting table is offset on the actual lift. If you go to the first page and look at the piece of corrugated I used please notice where I drew everything, the hydraulics are at one end and the lifting table is 20" offset to the other end. Contrary to what many would think, the table does not shift or move to the center of the hole or lift when raised, it pretty much remains in the same vertical plane when rising.

Good Luck Gentlemen.......
Old 03-28-2015, 07:21 PM
gtroth
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...snip

You might not need them. I've lifted 100 times or so and there aren't any marks of any kind on my floor.
Old 03-28-2015, 09:21 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

No big trick or exact dimensions. I got two pieces of S/S the are about 10" x 24", scrap at a local metal supply place for about $10.

Originally Posted by gtroth
You might not need them. I've lifted 100 times or so and there aren't any marks of any kind on my floor.
With the cheap price of insurance here, why take the chance? I wore troughs in one garage, and had visible marks starting in another, so I put them in. $10 and 4 minutes. 3rd garage was a non-issue, and with my new garage with epoxy floor, I'm not taking the chance.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:23 AM
henrydavid
1st Gear

I use a Pentalift scissor lift table to lift my 993 and it does a great job. I have used some other cars like Honda Accord with it and found no problems at all. I haven’t used Bendpak or Dannmar scissor lifts, so I can’t compare with them, but I can confirm it is really good after using it for almost 7 years now.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:42 AM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 40 Posts

I have a Bendpak and the only issue I have had is not being able to drop the engine and trans without cutting out the rear cross brace. There is a good DIY on doing it though.

It would just be nice if it came with a removeable brace set up.
--Michael
Old 06-02-2015, 11:15 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by XavierLaFlamme
I have a Bendpak and the only issue I have had is not being able to drop the engine and trans without cutting out the rear cross brace. There is a good DIY on doing it though.

It would just be nice if it came with a removeable brace set up.
--Michael
This is why I didn't buy the Bendpak...Cutting out the cross brace didn't sit with me well.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Considering motors aren't dropped every day, or year, and the fact the crossbrace mod is very easy to do, there's no reason not to keep the BP on one's radar, if one were shopping.

The BP crossbrace wasn't an issue on my 911.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Scissor Lifts: Bendpak MD-6XP vs. Dannmar Cadet 6000XL