993 Forum 1995-1998

OT-Jeremy Clarkson gets sacked by the BBC

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 11:42 AM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Thanks for the Chris Harris link....

+1
Very good read, Mr. Harris. The man elegantly knows his business.

Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
An interesting read from Chris Harris.

http://jalopnik.com/how-top-gear-mad...ars-1688464737
Old 03-28-2015, 09:44 PM
shiraz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funniest Top Gear interview, here is my pick:
Old 03-30-2015, 02:26 AM
newoldschool
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have loved top gear, but the last couple years I have grown to like Fifth Gear better. The characters are likable, funny, have racing backgrounds and really know their cars. Also, Top gear's last couple of seasons were getting a little loopy.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:56 PM
RacingJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Top Gear's Head Producer Says Farewell To BBC In Leaked Email

The Top Gear as we know it is dead with Jeremy Clarkson’s firing, and as further proof of that we have this leaked email to current and former staff from Executive Producer Andy Wilman confirming that he’s done with the BBC but “at least we left ‘em wanting more.”

Here’s the full text of the email from Wilman:

Well, at least we left ‘em wanting more. And that alone, when you think about it, is quite an achievement for a show that started 13 years ago.

I know none of us wanted it to end this way, but for a moment I’d like us to look back and think about just what an incredible thing you all had a hand in creating. When Jane Root gave us the green light in 2002, the brief was to reinvigorate a car show and get an audience of three million. What you all ended up making was one of the most iconic programmes in TV history, a show about cars that went global, won countless awards, was devoured by non car fans and ended up in the Guinness Book of Records.

We had a lot of laughs, we had a lot of tiffs. We went to amazing places and we went to some ****holes. We nearly killed a presenter, we had to run for the border. We started off with whoever we could get in the Reasonably Priced Car, and ended up with Tom Cruise. Throughout all this we made television that was beautiful to look at and beautiful to listen to. The work ethic never slipped, the desire for everyone in this dysfunctional family to do right by the show never faltered.

Jeremy, Richard and James, as the visible tip of the iceberg, got most of the attention and praise, but you all in your own fields had such an immense hand in weaving this unforgettable tapestry. I would love to single out everybody by name to thank them for what they did, but it’s impossible and I’d forget someone I shouldn’t have and that would be crap, so I’ll just say Jim, I’m sorry we never got a bear to drive an automatic.

Anyway, when you’re feeling low in your working day at any point, look around at some of the crap on TV, then have a think about Top Gear, 2002- 2015, and say to yourself: “I made that.”

A big, big, big thank you, which will never be enough.

Andy.

Quick Reply: OT-Jeremy Clarkson gets sacked by the BBC