Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

OT-Jeremy Clarkson gets sacked by the BBC

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 203 Likes on 90 Posts

"It's all about the Benjamins" (for you international folks,,,,that is slang for 100 dollars bills) Good for the Brits...in the US there are many %$hole celebrities that get away with anything for the dollar.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:21 PM
JimOz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The show is doomed with a change of line up. Having seen Top Gear USA and Top Gear Australia both are quite forgettable compared to the original.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just you wait and see, Jeremy Clarkson and the other two will cameo in a Doctor Who episode before you know it and find another way back into the BBC network via some parallel timeline.

Translation: BBC is going to lose a lot of viewers and money over this even if they are in the 'right' in terms of moral high ground. The corporate interests will either eventually cave or lose out as this dynamic trio finds a new network/medium to deliver their uniquely pompous product to their adoring fan base.
Old 03-26-2015, 12:48 AM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as # 17 says.. "He always seemed like a nasty ***** to me. I won't miss him. I like the other two guys though."

Clarkson is a supercilious Porsche hater; yet folks on Rennlist 993 like him.......................WTF.

Old 03-26-2015, 02:10 AM
RacingJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowflying
Good for BBC!!! Never liked the guy, he hates 911's too!!!
He loves the 928 though.
Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 AM
RacingJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

An interesting read from Chris Harris.

http://jalopnik.com/how-top-gear-mad...ars-1688464737

Does TG work without Jeremy? Probably not. Does it work without Richard and James too – absolutely not. I think the BBC would be completely mad to try and maintain the same format with three new people, but I don’t doubt it will try.
Old 03-26-2015, 04:48 AM
AZ Targa
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by x50type
as # 17 says.. "He always seemed like a nasty ***** to me. I won't miss him. I like the other two guys though."

Clarkson is a supercilious Porsche hater; yet folks on Rennlist 993 like him.......................WTF.

I like him, his character makes for a good show. I'm not saying I like his taste in cars but he added a essential dynamic to the show, a balancing of the "sound minded" people (Richard Hammond and James May) on the show.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:59 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Love him or hate him I have all ways found Clarkson entertaining and very humor,s regardless of the subject matter and wish him and his top gear colleges all the best ,,,,I am certain all three will go on entertaining the mass,s in some form or another ,,,he is just to popular world wide to be gone for good ..........
Old 03-26-2015, 07:51 AM
orangecurry
Burning Brakes

Received 382 Likes on 263 Posts

Bullying in the workplace is not acceptable - he should be ashamed, and certainly needed to be fired.

As far as the show goes - the format is a good one - two or more entertainers sparking off one another - it always has been. However in recent years the writing and ideas had become tired, predictable and more frequently awful.

Top Gear India special? Hideous. Argentina - contrived.

They should have retired a year or two back - this incident (however overblown) has done everyone a favour - yes the three of them will surface on some other network for a few more millions, but pretty soon they'll quietly slip away from there too.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:31 AM
porsita
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pompous and annoying at times but also immensely talented and funny, shame he lost touch
I'm sure he will use the BBC sacking the same way he abused the 911, for blatant self promotion
Old 03-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by x50type

who cares? Just because he doesn't agree with my choice of car doesn't make him less talented, entertaining, or enjoyable to watch. I don't so closely associate myself with a car that I get upset when he takes jabs at 911s, some of which are funny.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Aaron 993C2
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replace him with Chris Harris
Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 259 Posts

No way I would want to watch Chris Harris for an hour. His 10 min segments are just long enough.

JC, RH and JM entertain more than just provide car talk. They will resurface somewhere with a bigger paycheck and audience will follow to see the new format to start.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,372 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by chsu74
No way I would want to watch Chris Harris for an hour. His 10 min segments are just long enough.

JC, RH and JM entertain more than just provide car talk. They will resurface somewhere with a bigger paycheck and audience will follow to see the new format to start.
I really go back and forth on chris harris. On one hand, I think hes genuinely a good guy and probably fun to have a beer with. On the other hand, pitching every car sideways around every turn and saying that its brilliant are kinda meh. I did see him give a negative review to the new lexus coupe, so maybe its not all bad.

I don't think he would appeal to non-car people, which top gear did.

James may is my favorite by a long shot. I also like that he calls jeremy a **** at every opportunity.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
I really go back and forth on chris harris. On one hand, I think hes genuinely a good guy and probably fun to have a beer with. On the other hand, pitching every car sideways around every turn and saying that its brilliant are kinda meh. I did see him give a negative review to the new lexus coupe, so maybe its not all bad.

I don't think he would appeal to non-car people, which top gear did.

James may is my favorite by a long shot. I also like that he calls jeremy a **** at every opportunity.

If you think about it while watching, sliding / drifting the cars being reviewed is all too often the focus of either Chris Harris or Top Gear's reviews. Both are definitely entertaining to watch in slow motion but it has gotten a bit old.

As a car guy I'd give the nod to Chris Harris, as an entertainer Jeremy Clarkson wins hands down.

Quick Reply: OT-Jeremy Clarkson gets sacked by the BBC