Interesting find on SF bay area craigslist

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 08:34 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by PZB993
Nothing is wrong with the stock seat, I was just looking to enhance my driving experience. This looked like a inexpensive way to get a taste of what a "race type" seat would feel like.

As for the rest of your comment... Well, I'll leave that alone. I'm probably reading it wrong anyway.
Don't cheap out on safety equipment.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:44 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

DON'T buy these cheap Chinese knock offs! If you value your safety, buy real seats for the real price. These have been discussed numerous times and are not worth risking your life.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:31 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PZB993
Nothing is wrong with the stock seat, I was just looking to enhance my driving experience. This looked like a inexpensive way to get a taste of what a "race type" seat would feel like.

As for the rest of your comment... Well, I'll leave that alone. I'm probably reading it wrong anyway.
I see there are many who jumped in before I'm responding here. Nothing more to add, other than I was "that guy" with sometimes iffy safety equipment in the '80s. Not ashamed to admit it, if someone else can benefit from the advice.

Too few see the after effects of track crashes/impacts, and how there are differences in good/great/state-of-the-art. Which is one of my knocks on the "buy a guy's used race car for X%". Roll cages are so much more advanced than even five years ago. And then you fill in from there. It's not cheap, and unless you're truly assuming all risk trying to get out there in a low end Spec Miata or something there really isn't any point when you've got what's now an expensive car.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:36 PM
PZB993
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for all the input. You guys saved me a bunch of time, money, and possibly a whole lot more.

Quick Reply: Interesting find on SF bay area craigslist