993 Forum 1995-1998

Tie-Rod Pinning Tool

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:29 AM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tie-Rod Pinning Tool

Is the "community-tool" lending/circulating program dead in the water. I posted last Fall about wanting to get on the list, and I've bookmarked a couple of old threads on the subject, but things seems to have gone dormant. Anyone know the current status?
Thanks.
Old 02-01-2015, 07:11 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah, sucks! Someone really screwed the pooch this fall and slowed the system down. I tried resurrecting the process a few months back and am next in line according to the thread below. As soon as I get it, I'll do the procedure and pass it on asap.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...thread-12.html
Old 02-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

This is such a shame, as I presently have the car up in the air changing out the springs/shocks, and installing the FD Motorsports short shift kit and Golden Rod. A perfect time to also be doing the tie rods.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
destence
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Tie rod tool..

I managed to find the tool and just received it last week. Will use it this weekend and pass it on..
Old 02-05-2015, 12:24 PM
boman993
Drifting

Originally Posted by destence
I managed to find the tool and just received it last week. Will use it this weekend and pass it on..
SWEEET!! Thanks so much for getting this going again!!

I bet this thing will go around the world a few more times!
Old 02-05-2015, 03:50 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Fantastic. I can turn it around in a couple of days, as the car's up in the air with the underpanels removed. Matter of fact, if I had it in my hands right now I could be done this afternoon and ship it on to the next guy tomorrow morning.

Last edited by Coloradocurt; 02-05-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:50 PM
deekay911
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Coloradocurt
Fantastic. I can turn it around in a couple of days, as the car's up in the air with the underpanels removed. Matter of fact, if I had it in my hands right now I could be done this afternoon and ship in on to the next guy tomorrow morning.
If it's up in the air already it will take you 30 mins max for both sides
Old 02-05-2015, 06:10 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Here's a link to the Official Tie Rod Pinning Tool Wait List Thread, which I believe ought to be current at this time.
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...l#post12016662
Old 03-08-2015, 09:06 AM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Originally Posted by deekay911
If it's up in the air already it will take you 30 mins max for both sides
But getting one of those tools in my hands has taken 6 months to date! Speaking personally, I would feel a certain sense of responsibility to the Porsche community to turn it around and get it shipped to the next guy ASAP (as in days, not weeks or months!!).
Just saying.
Old 03-08-2015, 01:41 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

But getting one of those tools in my hands has taken 6 months to date! Speaking personally, I would feel a certain sense of responsibility to the Porsche community to turn it around and get it shipped to the next guy ASAP (as in days, not weeks or months!!).
Just saying.
I was in the same boat and not wanting to wait. Just go to Lowes and spend 20 bucks. Not a perpetual item, but will do at least a half dozen pairs.
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 453
Size:  75.2 KB
Old 03-08-2015, 02:51 PM
C2sideways
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone provide plans or a sketch for the production of this item. Seems if there were more units around we wouldn't have to wait as long.
I didn't see the thread about the process, can someone give me a link to the clearest instructions.
Thanks
Old 03-08-2015, 03:26 PM
boman993
Drifting

Just saying.
It arrived here 1.5 weeks ago. I will PM you for your address when I'm done with it. I, too, waited a long time, I guess that's the only downfall with a crowd propelled tool "program". The north has been FROZEN so there was no way I could've done this job last weekend or this weekend wihtout tools becoming part of my hands.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:50 PM
Coloradocurt
Instructor

Originally Posted by boman993
Yeah, sucks! Someone really screwed the pooch this fall and slowed the system down. I tried resurrecting the process a few months back and am next in line according to the thread below. As soon as I get it, I'll do the procedure and pass it on asap.
SWEEET!! Thanks so much for getting this going again!! I bet this thing will go around the world a few more times!
It arrived here 1.5 weeks ago. I will PM you for your address when I'm done with it. I, too, waited a long time, I guess that's the only downfall with a crowd propelled tool "program". The north has been FROZEN so there was no way I could've done this job last weekend or this weekend wihtout tools becoming part of my hands.
Boman993 PM'd me that he shipped it out to me on March 23rd (after holding onto it for almost a month (not exactly what I'd call "asap")): when it didn't show up after 2 weeks I PM'd him requesting that since he never gave me any tracking info that he put a tracer on it. Never heard back from him on that.
I guess he can be deemed as now having also "screwed the pooch!"
Old 04-21-2015, 10:45 AM
boman993
Drifting

Boman993 PM'd me that he shipped it out to me on March 23rd (after holding onto it for almost a month (not exactly what I'd call "asap")): when it didn't show up after 2 weeks I PM'd him requesting that since he never gave me any tracking info that he put a tracer on it. Never heard back from him on that.
I guess he can be deemed as now having also "screwed the pooch!"
Are you serious?! I DO NOT work for Canada Post or USPS, nor is it expected of me to hop on a plane and hand deliver it to you sir. I shipped it economy and no tracking number was provided. Yes, I had the tool for a month, it arrived in the coldest February on record in the North-East. Sorry I didn't want to take my car out of storage in sub zero temps and work in the cold with frozen tools in my hands. I waited a few weeks for the weather to be bearable, did the deed and sent the tool to you as promised.

I don't know what has happened to the package since it left on March 23rd. Perhaps it's held up in customs? I will search for my receipt later tonight when I get home from the office and hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Old 04-21-2015, 11:49 PM
XavierLaFlamme
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 40 Posts

No good deed goes unpunished.
--Michael

Quick Reply: Tie-Rod Pinning Tool