993 Forum 1995-1998

Buying used 993 salvage title

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2015, 11:55 AM
shadow993
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by C2sideways
Hi, if you read the full thread you will understand that the OP asked for advice and we gave our input. After he made his decision to pass on the vehicle I asked about the vehicles info and he willingly gave it. Someone may be interested in the fact it is salvaged and cheap or the fact that it is salvaged and not worth it. I'm not quite sure if you are trolling but if we are 'Typical Porsche Guys' then what does that make you ? Thanks and have a nice weekend.
+993

One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Old 01-31-2015, 02:29 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Buy it and trade to someone with a 996.
Old 01-31-2015, 09:47 PM
Spyder_Man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My first car was a salvaged titled VW Beetle. It ran great, and served its purpose well. I had a couple insurance claims dealing with the car and the salvaged title made it harder to argue with the insurance about fixing the car rather than letting them write it off. That extra low starting price can be a curse down the road, even if the car has since been sorted out properly and is as road worthy as a clean titled equivalent. As the parts and labor rates keep going up insurance companies will try harder and harder to just total the vehicles in light of high estimated repair costs.

Quick Reply: Buying used 993 salvage title