993 Forum 1995-1998

Duck Lip

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Sam P
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Duck Lip

I am having this made for my 993 from a local fiberglass shop. Since its a one off and hand fabricated. he and I are wondering if anybody would be interested in one. I can see if he would make some more. Having the hard part done . He would just make a mold. I don't know what the price will be at this time

Just throwing it out there

Thank you
Sam

Old 01-28-2015, 06:34 PM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What's the max. Height of the duck tail? I like the look of the old style tails, but they are just a bit too tall for my tastes on a 993
Old 01-28-2015, 07:01 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 576 Likes on 365 Posts

Nice, looks similar to the singer lip. You should try to get a picture of it on the car for people to get a better idea of how it will look completed.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:30 PM
Sam P
Advanced

Originally Posted by phoneyman
What's the max. Height of the duck tail? I like the look of the old style tails, but they are just a bit too tall for my tastes on a 993
I don't right off hand remember the height as it was all done by eye - but I think around 3-1/2 inches

pirahna - I will try to get a picture with it on the car even just sitting on it - and not mounted . should have done that today

Thanks
Sam
Old 01-29-2015, 12:17 PM
knorrena
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I am interested depending on price.

I would be more enthusiastic if it looked like this though:

Old 01-29-2015, 01:21 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 123 Posts

love the singer tail. Subtle, but really nice.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:03 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 492 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by knorrena
I am interested depending on price.

I would be more enthusiastic if it looked like this though:

That's a great looking tail. The tail on the OP seems a bit too upright to me. I currently have this appendage and would like to remove it, or swap it out.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Sam P
Advanced

Few more picks as we where going thru the process. it does have a lean back words some rather then straight up. I will try to get some more pics soon

Thanks

Sam
Old 01-29-2015, 04:00 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the tail extended it will be perpendicular to the ground, like an air brake. It also just looks terrible. Might be time to pause and assess what you're up to here.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:08 PM
Sam P
Advanced

Originally Posted by NP993
With the tail extended it will be perpendicular to the ground, like an air brake. It also just looks terrible. Might be time to pause and assess what you're up to here.
Thanks - I guess

The last set of pics are from a while ago as the first set are more recent

its need work I know - we will see how it turns out - if i don't like it. wont use it

Thanks
Sam
Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 PM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had assumed he would disable the spoiler so it doesn't extend. I think that's what everyone who installs a ducktail does.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:20 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

No affiliation to the following but to those looking for a pre-fab rear spoiler lip, GT3 TEK offers one: http://www.gt3tek.com/products/993gt3wing.htm

I bought one a couple years ago with the intention of attaching it to a spare rear spoiler with the split grille kit and having this resprayed in body color paint, but haven't gotten around to it. Who am I kidding - I probably will never get around to this and will likely put the lip for sale in the near future.
Attached Images   
Old 01-29-2015, 10:06 PM
producerjohn
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts

Speak for yourself. I think it looks pretty cool.

I am a bit worried about how right angle it will wind up. Can't wait to see it finished and I'd probably be interested in one.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:02 AM
Donster
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kreeshp
No affiliation to the following but to those looking for a pre-fab rear spoiler lip, GT3 TEK offers one
I bought one a couple years ago with the intention of attaching it to a spare rear spoiler with the split grille kit and having this resprayed in body color paint, but haven't gotten around to it. Who am I kidding - I probably will never get around to this and will likely put the lip for sale in the near future.
That does look nice. I wish their site showed some pics of what it looks like with the spoiler not deployed.
What did it cost? Their website doesn't say.
Old 01-30-2015, 01:18 AM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Donster
That does look nice. I wish their site showed some pics of what it looks like with the spoiler not deployed.
What did it cost? Their website doesn't say.
The same photos were up when I bought it and I also wanted to see it on a non-deployed spoiler.

Going from memory here, I recall I paid somewhere around $230 including shipping.

Quick Reply: Duck Lip