993 Forum 1995-1998

WTT: 3-Spoke Leather Airbag w/standard crest for silver crest

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 09:45 PM
pstraub
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cactus
Paul the interior is going to look great. I can't wait to eat a large ice cream cone with sprinkles in there next October
No problem Ryan, you will probably have a couple screwdrivers in your back pockets when you get in the car too, that would be perfect! Of course, if you come in October, it will all be over (unless you are starting a rumor that they moved it back to October??)
Old 01-25-2015, 11:36 PM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
No problem Ryan, you will probably have a couple screwdrivers in your back pockets when you get in the car too, that would be perfect! Of course, if you come in October, it will all be over (unless you are starting a rumor that they moved it back to October??)
That's right...see you in Sept! Sharpening my No 2 pencils.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:36 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Greetings from a parts hoarder. I have to start my recovery sometime, so at the risk of possibly ticking someone else off, I'm beginning with 'baby steps' now by offering just 1 of these to pstraub.
When I eventually get more free time I'll part out more of what's in my "mad scientist's lair"

Paul-- I may be hard to reach for the next 2 weeks but if you don't have what you're after by then, PM if you want 1 of my silver airbag crests. I'll be glad to get you part #s, better photos, etc., in ~1.5 weeks if desired.
The cardboard-backed 1 is the last of my Wheel Dynamics crests.

Price: ice cream cone with sprinkles or beverage when we cross paths.
If you want the airbag, then ice cream cone and beverage! (Seriously.)

Similar to Nurburger (Nick)'s mention about his OEM leather 996 bag crest, my vinyl cover & its badge are OEM, IIRC.
If you want 1 but it's not what you expect when received, just mail it back.

Same 4 crests in both photos: only significant change is intentional shots of keychain's front & back (black foam rectangle) to show it's the same on both sides.

Hood badge for reference only; I'd like to keep it.

From planet-9.com's "Silver Crest for Steering Wheel" thread:
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics

Just for reference I did remove my own AIR BAG and removed the original gold crest, to do so I had to cut the fitting on the inside of the air-bag cover (this is the skin which cuts under deployment. I simply installed mine own silver crest in the same fashion by attaching it using an adhesive and a rivet on for a nice solid fit. Judging on the way it is assembled from the factory this item is to stay attached to the "skin" of the air-bag cover and not "fly-out" of the bag during the deployment.

I'm satisfied at the level of securing this item to the air-bag and so I have no worries during deployment. But that is me, doesn't mean I am in any way recommending anyone to do the same.
Old 01-26-2015, 03:38 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Silvertarga

In 2013 Wheel Dynamics is South El Monte CA had silver airbag crests for $110.00 plus shipping

I paid $110.
Pics from when they used sell them on their Accessories page:

Old 01-26-2015, 03:38 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 600RR

back-to-back silver crests on each side with a key chain loop at top (dremel off).
Vendors' pics:

P.S. 600RR (Sid)-- Get my responses to your PMs?
Old 01-26-2015, 03:52 AM
pstraub
Pro

Originally Posted by curve lover
Paul-- I may be hard to reach for the next 2 weeks but if you don't have what you're after by then, PM if you want 1 of my silver airbag crests. I'll be glad to get you part #s, better photos, etc., in ~1.5 weeks if desired.
The cardboard-backed 1 is the last of my Wheel Dynamics crests.
PM Sent!!!
Old 01-26-2015, 04:20 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pstraub

PM Sent!!!
Back at ya, sir

No affiliation:
Old 01-27-2015, 11:44 PM
intrepidagent
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Paul:
I've refinished a number of steering wheel crests for customers over the years. The airbag / steering wheel crest that comes standard on your car is a stamped metal piece with screen printed / painted on horse and cannot be refinished as the "print" will be lost. The options are a smaller 356 model crest or a modified key chain fob as the other posts suggest.

Cheers: Jim
Old 01-28-2015, 12:22 AM
pstraub
Pro

Originally Posted by intrepidagent
Paul:
I've refinished a number of steering wheel crests for customers over the years. The airbag / steering wheel crest that comes standard on your car is a stamped metal piece with screen printed / painted on horse and cannot be refinished as the "print" will be lost. The options are a smaller 356 model crest or a modified key chain fob as the other posts suggest.

Cheers: Jim
Thanks Jim, PM sent.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:22 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Jager, well done!
Old 01-30-2015, 03:07 AM
pstraub
Pro

I now have a silver airbag crest. A big thanks to 'curve lover' for suggesting I call Wheel Dynamics in SoCal. They had 2 versions of a silver crest for the airbag. I bought one of each to see which one I liked the best. They are not cheap at $110 each, but I was very happy with the quality. Also thanks to '600RR' for the directions on removing the airbag cover from the airbag module, which allowed me to remove the gold crest and install my new silver version. Here are some of the photos.....

Old 01-30-2015, 03:22 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 573 Likes on 362 Posts

Great, now I'm jonesing for a silver crest for my vinyl 996 airbag. I should really stop spending so much time here.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:06 AM
Cactus
Noodle Jr.
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 133 Posts

Awesome. Can I get those instructions as well please? Paul...you can email them to me if you get a chance.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:33 AM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Jäger, I have to say I have never been or felt so fortunate to have met somebody; you are nothing short of a class act, sir!

Jeremy, some of us start these threads just to screw with you!
Old 01-31-2015, 01:35 PM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

You know that after you get the silver airbag crest, your hood crest wont match. That drove me nuts. Thankfully Nick (Nurburger) hooked me up with a silver hood crest. All is good in the world now

Quick Reply: WTT: 3-Spoke Leather Airbag w/standard crest for silver crest