Sponsored by:

About steering wheel...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:07 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default About steering wheel...

Since I bought my 993 2 years ago, i'm not satisfied with my steering wheel.

I had bought one with wood and airbag separately but it didnt fit since I have an early 95 and the retaining frame is not compatible. I didn’t want to invest more at that time so I sold it back.

Then I bought a "newer" one that looks much better but the leather is far from perfect. So I decided to recover it using classic9 leather shop kit with red stiches. I tried to install it myself. The kit from classic9 is good and fils well. My installation may not be perfect but I am very pleased with the results.

But while the cover kit was on it's way, I got à deal on a 996 steering wheel and airbag. I like the updated look of that wheel (and it may be the only thing I like from the 996!). But after opening the box, I realised the wheel was missing the retaining frame and the screws and it was not mentionned in the ad or pictures.

Now I need to make a decision... which one I want to keep?

One question though : with the 996 steering wheel, do I need to replace the wires that were used with the 993 wheel?

Anyway, bad experience but could be worst. And I am not handy (let's say I am more comfortable with a calculator!) but I am proud to be able to remove the wheel and recover it myself!

Old 12-20-2014, 11:17 AM
jg291446
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

MODS, please delete.... double post by mistake

Quick Reply: About steering wheel...