Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Question From NEW 993 CAB owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 05:58 PM
six gun
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never been a big cab fan, but that color combination, with those wheels "outstanding"
Old 12-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have a PM
Old 12-20-2014, 12:30 PM
ble2011
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
Count me in the "leaving the top in power mode" camp. The car was designed and engineered to have its top powered so that's the way I use it. Surely I take care during the process and watch how the mechanism is articulating, and guide things along with my hand if needed, but it works fine.
Beautiful 993. Count me in with the power top as well. I love hitting the button to open/close it. It provides a little "show". I just go over mine in the spring to make sure everything looks well. I have the spiral wound cables going to the headliner that I noticed will need replacing this spring as they have some fraying. Once the new ones have been installed and broken in, they will need more adjustment from stretching.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Rdelvalle
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

I decided to leave my top in auto when I fixed the motor control board. In manual the entire mechanism is loose and can move around. The boot is precisely for preventing the wind from shaking the top and causing damage. In manual mode is free to move with vibration from just driving. I have included the link to my how to fix the top motor control board and the quote from my write up regarding the auto vs manual.

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...tructions.html

After much thinking I decided to leave the top in auto mode. I lubricated all of the linkages joints with Liquid Wrench to insure smooth movement. I will be extra careful when opening and closing the top, watching for twisting of the mechanism. The main reason I decided for auto is that in manual mode the arm with the key is loose and free to move. With the shock and vibration from driving the top is free to shake. This cannot be good for the canvas, the plastic window nor the metal linkages. When secured with screw in auto mode the top does not move at all, I tried it.

________________________________________________________________________ __________

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/x...g?t=1296934710

Quick Reply: Question From NEW 993 CAB owner