Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Visiting LA / SD Dec. 21 - 24: any interest in drives / GTGs?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 12:18 AM
ard
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Visiting LA / SD Dec. 21 - 24: any interest in drives / GTGs?

Fellow RLers, I will be in the Los Angeles and San Diego areas with my son from December 21st through the 24th and am wondering whether anybody would like to get together for some backroads driving / canyon carving or just socializing.

If (most of) this time being during the week doesn't align well with people's schedules I would love to hear what are good roads to drive and places (including shops) to visit. Does Tarrett welcome visitors? Years ago while on a visit to Disneyland (rite of passage into parenthood ) I visited Andial. They were very gracious and showed me a light brown 68S they had just restored.

I would also love to hear about good roads into and out of LA to San Diego and NorCal. I am not a big freeway fan.

Many thanks in advance.

/alex
Old 12-14-2014, 12:40 AM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

I'll be out of town, but the road up to Palomar Mtn, in east San Diego County is one of the best anywhere. Hwy 15-Hwy 76 east- South Grade Rd, then down East Grade Rd, and then on to Mesa Grande to Julian where you can stop to have a great lunch or breakfast, and pick up a fantastic pie at Julian Pie Company too.

You can check out the observatory too.
Old 12-14-2014, 01:59 AM
Parman
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If you're heading south on Hwy 101 you could parallel 101 at King City on Jolon Road. It terminates on 101 near Camp Roberts. Great drive through the country and light traffic.
Old 12-16-2014, 02:28 AM
tanger
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Where exactly will you be? I was planning on a few midweek canyon runs myself. I live just south of LAX, was going to do one or more of the following: Malibu, Little Tujunga, Glendora Mountain Road...

Send me PM with your contact info if you want to meet up and we can see if our schedules align...
Old 12-20-2014, 03:00 AM
ard
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I'll be out of town, but the road up to Palomar Mtn, in east San Diego County is one of the best anywhere. Hwy 15-Hwy 76 east- South Grade Rd, then down East Grade Rd, and then on to Mesa Grande to Julian where you can stop to have a great lunch or breakfast, and pick up a fantastic pie at Julian Pie Company too.

You can check out the observatory too.
Ed, thanks for the suggestion - I will try to check it out

Originally Posted by tanger
Where exactly will you be? I was planning on a few midweek canyon runs myself. I live just south of LAX, was going to do one or more of the following: Malibu, Little Tujunga, Glendora Mountain Road...

Send me PM with your contact info if you want to meet up and we can see if our schedules align...
I will be in Costa Mesa. Just PM'd you

Best

/alex

Quick Reply: Visiting LA / SD Dec. 21 - 24: any interest in drives / GTGs?