Lost Key and FOB

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
servalx
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lost Key and FOB

Hello,

As luck would have it I left my 1996, 993 key and fob in a cab never to be seen again. I did have my key card and key code, so long story short and $400.00 later I got a new key and FOB ready to be programmed. Problem at this point is that all the threads that I searched assume I have a working fob and will use this to start the programming sequence. And I don't . So as soon as I connect the battery, the alarm goes off and it never stops. I have a sledge hammer handy, but I think I can resist the urge. for now. please help

Thank you
Old 10-20-2014, 01:25 PM
techman1
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

To help your nerves, disconnect horn. I believe it is under the car, about where the rear, left passenger would sit. Need to jack up the car, remove the tunnel cover or trans cover not sure, maybe both, and pull the wires.

Next, find the post regarding using the key in ignition to put in the code by turning the ignition on and off to correspond to your code numbers.

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2014, 01:26 PM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

As per Tech Bulletin 9501 of7 Sept 1995............it might help.

Emergency Unlocking.

Use the emergency unlocking procedure only if the remote control is lost, damaged or malfunctioning. The alarm can be switched off for a period of 2 minutes so that the immobilizer can be deactivated.
During this time the vehicle lights will continue to flash. Deactivation of the immobilizer is then accomplished by entering a 4 digit code using the key in the ignition switch. The code number is identical to the last 4 digits of the immobilizer control until serial number which is located on the vehicle card.
The automatic feature of the immobilizer will no be defeated by the emergency deactivation. Therefore do not remove the key from the ignition switch after the procedure, or the immobilizer will reactivate in 90 seconds.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:39 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,446 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by servalx
I got a new key and FOB ready to be programmed. Problem at this point is that all the threads that I searched assume I have a working fob and will use this to start the programming sequence.
Take a look at the attached, I believe the alarm sounding off will end after a short while and then you can do the programming sequence as listed in the attached. No fob needed to start you car or to program your new fob.
Andy :-)
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
key fob setup procedure-08.pdf (28.7 KB, 152 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 02:44 PM
servalx
Track Day

Thank you gentlemen. I have seen all the fob programming posts, and assumed that the alarm will quit after a while, but it did not!. it just keeps going on an on.....and on, and on. So the question is how do I switch off the alarm, so I can deactivate the immobilizer? Do I just enter the (on/off) 4 digit code even if the alarm is on?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 03:55 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

I was looking to add the instruction steps to my published programming instructions for when a car owner does not have a mated fob. I made several attempts to enter mu 96' 993 car while deactivating the horn alarm to begin the immobilizer fob programming sequence. I started with the alarm activated and tried the Tech Bul. unlock-lock-unlock procedure while keeping the key turned, while not keeping it turned, while opening and shutting the door as part of the unlock/lock sequence-- Nada!

Has anyone gotten this to work? Specifically to the point where they get in the car and the door automatically locks behind them with no horn continuous honking? IF so some guidance would be greatly appreciated on how to do this.
Andy :-)
Old 10-20-2014, 11:45 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Close up the car, lock the door, and let the alarm activate...approx 3 mins.

Using the key, unlock, lock, and unlock the door and insert the key into the ignition. Note the blinking alarm light on the clock. When the blinking stops, perform the fob programming sequencing.

Doing this by memory, so sorry if I skipped a step.
Old 10-28-2014, 03:56 PM
servalx
Track Day

Thank you, thank you. Connected battery, closed everything, waited for the siren to stop, lock, lock, unlock, then the usual sequence. Worked first time out and life is beautiful again. And just in case I forgot, thank you
Old 10-29-2014, 02:43 PM
nine9six
Banned

Servalx,

Life is good! Happy to hear you were sucessful first time out

Here's to you,
Old 10-29-2014, 05:23 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by servalx
Hello,
I got a new key and FOB ready to be programmed.
Did you sort out the programming? Here are draft instructions to program if you do not have a working fob. I would like you to test the instructions as written and give me some feedback. Also please let me know if you successfully get to the 'Programming" steps.
Good luck,
Andy
Attached Images
Old 10-29-2014, 06:39 PM
nine9six
Banned

Originally Posted by pp000830
Did you sort out the programming? Here are draft instructions to program if you do not have a working fob. I would like you to test the instructions as written and give me some feedback. Also please let me know if you successfully get to the 'Programming" steps.
Good luck,
Andy
Andy, did you miss his thank you post? (#8)
Thank you, thank you. Connected battery, closed everything, waited for the siren to stop, lock, lock, unlock, then the usual sequence. Worked

Quick Reply: Lost Key and FOB