993 Forum 1995-1998

Electric Mirrors both sides dont work

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 05:27 AM
johnsnow
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Mirrors both sides dont work

I have a few electric gremlins that I want to get to the bottom of (possible all related?)

First is neither electric mirror works, its possible its just a fuse but unforutnately I dont have an owners manual - any suggestions

Other minor niggles are the passanger seat electric seats dont work and the odometer needs a good tap to kick in - unsure if these are releated

help/suggestions appreciated
Old 10-20-2014, 08:45 AM
phoneyman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If it's both mirrors, it's most likely a fuse/relay/switch. You'll have to get a manual or some resource to start checking those out. Use Google to search rennlist past posts.

With so little info it's hard to know about the other issues. Seat could be a fuse or an issue with the seat motors or drive shafts under seat. Odo can be rebuilt by different shops. Ones called Hollywood tach or somethimg similar to that name if you search around.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 AM
x50type
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuse locations are listed under the fuse box lid. No. 28 is mirror adjustment [amongst others].
Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2014, 04:24 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,449 Likes on 1,020 Posts

I have a few electric gremlins that I want to get to the bottom of (possible all related?)

First is neither electric mirror works, its possible its just a fuse but unforutnately I dont have an owners manual - any suggestions

I agree with the above comment as both are involved this should be a quick diagnosis and fix.

Other minor niggles are the passanger seat electric seats dont work

Never had this issue but if both adjustments don't work and I am assuming each use a different motor the problem should be easy and low cost to fix like the mirror.

and the odometer needs a good tap to kick in - unsure if these are releated

If tapping the speedometer or Odmeter makes it work I would do the odometer gears replacement DIY on my kitchen table and while you have it out check the connections on the back and look for any internal debris or other factors that may be hanging things up. Again an easy inexpensive DIY fix.

Andy :-)

help/suggestions appreciated
Old 10-21-2014, 04:19 AM
johnsnow
5th Gear

thanks for the suggestions, i have some free time this weekend ill let you know how i get on
Old 10-21-2014, 04:28 AM
Peter B
Rennlist Member

Re the seats, the power cord under the seat can break quite easily - as the pvc sheathing becomes old it becomes brittle. Its a chair out job so you will need hex key!
Old 10-21-2014, 05:37 AM
ppnkxsaultss
4th Gear

i have some free time this weekend ill let you know how i get on
Old 10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Other minor niggles are the passanger seat electric seats dont work
Before you start pulling things apart; if you remove the bezel from the seat switch and pull the switch out a bit...Now with rags tucked under and around the switch, spray liberally with electrical contact switch cleaner, and follow up with a little WD-40...

Quick Reply: Electric Mirrors both sides dont work