Wiper position question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:35 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts
Default Wiper position question

My wipers met an immovable object this weekend. Once said object was removed from the wipers' path, they settled in to a lower resting position on the rubber trim.

I removed the arms, repositioned them where they've always rested, and snugged down the nuts.

When I operate the wipers, they now stop a bit higher then where I'd like them to be. If I gently push towards the intended resting position, they move down accordingly. Is this 'play' at the end of their travel normal?

This is where I positioned the wipers:

This is where they stop if I cycle them:

Andreas
Old 09-30-2014, 11:13 AM
sdm100
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

second pic looks better anyway. keep it as is
Old 09-30-2014, 02:00 PM
LimeyBoy
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 123 Posts

I just checked mine and I don't have the 'play' dimension that you show in your photos. I can move them up and down by hand but you can feel the tension wanting to settle them back where they started from. If you loosen one more time, cycle the wipers a couple more times then tighten back in the desired position, will they return there?
No expert but - if one full rotation of the motor moves the link bar enough to equal one full swipe (back and forth) of the screen - maybe a bent link bar = reduced swept angle. Does the wiper go as far to the passenger side as it used to?

Quick Reply: Wiper position question