Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

993 TT street brake pads - Worldpac

Old 09-29-2014, 05:25 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts
Default 993 TT street brake pads - Worldpac

I have been running Pagid Yellow full time for a few years, with relatively little time between summer track events. Will look into swapping street pads in and out for a change...

Not sure what Worldpac stocks, but any throughts on Textar vs Jurid vs Pagid for a street application? Noise not a huge issue (as I've put up with School Bus pads so far...)

Cheers

Matt
Old 09-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
I have been running Pagid Yellow full time for a few years, with relatively little time between summer track events. Will look into swapping street pads in and out for a change...

Not sure what Worldpac stocks, but any throughts on Textar vs Jurid vs Pagid for a street application? Noise not a huge issue (as I've put up with School Bus pads so far!)

Cheers

Matt
I've used Textar oe and Pagid Blue, both dust a lot and you reallu need to keep after the wheels as once the dust gets baked in it gets harder to remove.

In all honesty I see no reason to swap pads, My 29s don't even make noise as long as I keep them clean and dry
Old 09-29-2014, 05:41 PM
Matt Lane
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 101 Posts

Food for thought - thanks Bill. I was just thinking of the cost of running expensive pads on street. But honestly - how much wear do they actually get for the occasional highway drive - probably none, comparatively.

Cheers

Matt
Old 09-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Lane
Food for thought - thanks Bill. I was just thinking of the cost of running expensive pads on street. But honestly - how much wear do they actually get for the occasional highway drive - probably none, comparatively.

Cheers

Matt
Exactly, and the street pads aren't cheap either
Old 10-01-2014, 01:53 AM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I would be more concerned about the braking power (and rotor "consumption") when cold. However, I do not change either but have Ferrodo 2500 DS which is a little bit more street friendly.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:13 AM
jason89i
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too only had a set of yellows. At ~$100 for all 4 corners, I tried a set of centric posi-quiet. (turbo application.) Decent street pad. Adds a little squish to the pedal. Obviously, they do not have the bite that yellows have. BUT, I can pull up to a clients home without awakening the dead. No spiders installed, zero squeal...... even in the morning. Just a thought.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 993 TT street brake pads - Worldpac