Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Praying it is not someone I know or from here

Old 09-29-2014, 11:36 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So sad indeed!! Borrowed car, probably old and cold tires, occupants had no chance.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:11 PM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FixedWing
My understanding is that there were actually three occupants of the vehicle. The deceased was actually in the back of the vehicle and was ejected and died at the scene. The passenger was unconsious and was transported to the hospital. The driver left the scene. It seems that the police screwed up the initial investigation as they initially assumed that the deceased was driving. This is the initial story that was provided to the press. Only later when the passenger regained consiousness did they discover that the deceased was only a passenger in the vehicle. So they initially did not know to search for the driver. So no meaningful blood tests. Needless to say, the driver has now been charged. Oh, and the driver was not the owner. The car was borrowed.

Stephen
Thanks for the info. That is a terrible turn of events. There is a thread in the Racing forum that describes a similar case, the driver responsible fled and avoided prosecution for more than 2 years.

Do you have any links to the updated version of the story? I haven't seen anything along those lines in the local news. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:01 AM
mongrelcat
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
Wow, it takes a special kind of douche bag to leave the scene after killing one of your friends. I would guess alcohol or drugs were involved.
Just thought to followup on this, you were right. 6 beers in two hours.... 80MPH in a 35 zone.

Driver was sentenced to 48 months prison time last October.

More details: http://www.bothell-reporter.com/news/331112161.html
Old 05-28-2016, 04:18 PM
M. Schneider
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

+1 Agreed. The driver is a top-shelf POS....

Apparently this Solid Gold ******* of a driver is currently serving a 4 year sentence...

Condolences to all concerned.

Originally Posted by AOW162435
^ Driver sounds like a top-shelf POS.

Andreas

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Praying it is not someone I know or from here