Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Who has used the DURAFLEX Turbo front bumper?

Old 09-16-2014, 05:49 PM
BlackBear
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Who has used the DURAFLEX Turbo front bumper?

The price is pretty low.

New OEM bumper is about $1,200.

Duraflex is about $600.

How is the fit and finish Duraflex? Are there issues or does it just bold on like the OEM bumper?

How much more will a bodyshop charge for paint, fitment, and install of a Duraflex bumper?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I've never read a review from a 993 owner of the Turbo front bumper. However, this subject always re-emerges.
Please post your experiences, recommendations, & opinions here to help others.
Good luck, & let us know how it goes - including if you choose another route.

RLer Daltvater researched Duraflex but "talked myself out of buying from them fairly quickly."

There is 1 (& only 1) positive review of a 964 bumper on the Pelican Parts Forum.

Regardless, most RLers' general Duraflex experiences & opinions seem best summed up by these posts:
Originally Posted by daltvater

I just paid $1,200 shipped through Sunset with the Rennlist Discount.
Originally Posted by 993BillW

I was curious about Duraflex but if I can get the Porsche OEM one for $1200 (shipped) I would go that route.
Originally Posted by Kika

I purchased a set of the Duraflex RS side skirts : http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/sear...de-skirts.html

To install them, would have required a body shop, and a decent amount of work. while initially cheaper, unless I could do the work myself, it would have been far more in the long run. The product itself seemed pretty strong, I just did not want to hassle with all the body work. so I returned them...with no hassle BTW.

If you do the body work yourself, through painting and installation, I don't think the product is all that bad. Ultimately it was FAR easier for me to purchase the GT3Tek skirts and install them out of the box.
Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn

What you save in the initial cost, you'll put back into the fit and finish of anything non factory body component especially fiberglass parts.
Originally Posted by aribop

Stay away! I bought a set of Duraflex front GT2 splitters and promptly returned them. Quality was non-existent. Thin material (probably why it flexes) it will eventually break. Was not even close to lining up. Holes not in the correct places.
Originally Posted by bobt993

I installed the GT2 EVO bumper on my race car and had good results. It required a bit of fitting, cutting, bending, but the gel coat was was thicker than the Getty stuff (which I also have). So it is a trade-off. Priming and painting on the Duraflex was better, but the initial fit was better with Getty.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts

As quoted above, I looked at the RS skirts. so not sure if the bumpers are the same, but probably not bolt on, with much body work involved.
Old 09-18-2014, 02:16 AM
BlackBear
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Thank you both for your feedback.

I'll pass on Duraflex and look for a deal on an OEM bumper.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Who has used the DURAFLEX Turbo front bumper?