993 Forum 1995-1998

New Member - Intro

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:56 PM
bzabodyn
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - Intro

How's it going RL? I have been browsing the various 993 forums for several months and figured it was time to join here as I get closer to (hopefully) finding my dream 993.

I am located south of Houston TX and have collected cars for a while (mainly classic Mopar muscle cars) - my "keeper" is a fully restored '69 HEMI Charger 4-spd (all # matching) and my current "project" is a '68 GTX pro touring with a 5.7L HEMI, 5sp, big brakes, full suspension, etc. Planning on selling/trading the GTX towards a 993 C2S as my next project. Been a die hard P-car lover my entire life just have never owned one as I've always had 4 door daily drivers with my kids growing up and not enough room for anything else but the charger until now. I'm planning on the 993 first as a fair weather DD then a 964 as a complete custom build widebody track/weekend car.

So, if anyone comes across a clean C2S/C4S with reasonable mileage (esp if one comes up in TX) let me know! I do have a friend with a black on black C2S in Houston that I'm trying to pry away from his, but nothing yet. I'm probably a month out from the GTX being complete as far as timing.

Probably should include some pics to share of my rides:

Charger:

GTX:

My prior DD (current is Audi S7) - 720whp CTS-V Wagon - 10.7sec 1/4, 187mph @ TX mile

Take care, look forward to hopefully getting to meet/talk to some of you about these great cars in the near future!

Brandon
Old 09-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Brandon,

Nice Charger!! Who doesn't just love that Hemi

As you might know, Porsches are a whole different world and adventure just waiting for you to partake and enjoy. The experience is unlike anything else in terms of these cars as well as the comraderie with fellow owners who share the passion.

Nothing else has the same heritage, history, and provenance as the 911!

Just make sure you get a thorough PPI from a 911 expert so there are no surprises; these cars are NOT inexpensive to repair.

Good luck in the search for a good example!!
Old 09-02-2014, 03:34 PM
bzabodyn
7th Gear

Thanks Steve! If anything comes up around your part of the country I'll definitely give you a ring and send it your way for a PPI. Not looking for the perfect museum piece (I can't leave anything alone so I'd like something I'd feel comfortable slightly modding) but would like one that's been properly maintained and cared for by an enthusiast.

The 964 project will be different - a rougher yet solid car that would need a complete paint/interior would be preferred for that.

BZ
Old 09-02-2014, 03:40 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 291 Posts

Brandon, You have Rudy ( Rennlist ID OPO) in your neck of the woods. He's the definitive 993 collector/expert around Houston. He may even have a car or a line on one- ping him on the site. I think he's got something like 11 993's now....
Old 09-02-2014, 09:08 PM
bzabodyn
7th Gear

Man, that's awesome news! I have seen several posts on Houston area guys (even some mentioning Katy which is only 50mi from me) so it's great to start figuring out who is who.

I'll be touching base with him soon hopefully.

Thanks!!!!

BZ
Old 09-02-2014, 11:07 PM
13BEEZ
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

You have some fine Mopars and that CTS-V looks like a beast. And yes, OPO is in Katy. He is a great guy and has tons of knowledge on the 993.

Hope you find the 993 and 964 your are looking for.

Quick Reply: New Member - Intro