993 @ Target - Daly City, CA

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 12:25 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 121 Posts
Default 993 @ Target - Daly City, CA

Is this any rennlister's C2?

I went to Target in Daly City today for 20 minutes to pick up Legos for the kids and milk for the family and parked veeeeerrryy faaarrr away from the front door. I was pleased to find this parked next to me!

993 badge on the rear deck lid .... and markings on the car made it seem as if it is owned by someone named "Steve" ....

Anyways --- lovely car!
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2014, 01:43 AM
brian993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, that's SteveG.'s car.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:37 PM
pilotjosh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice wheels. What are they?
Old 09-03-2014, 06:16 PM
SteveG.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jlaa,

Yup, that was me. I was doing some family errands as well and parked way out in left field as I always do when I'm driving the 993.

I figured you might be on the list when I parked by you. I noticed that your car was well put together with suspension work, Tramont RS Cups ordered with an aggressive offset, and an exhaust. I have a set of Tramonts as well when I don't have my track wheels on. I haven't taken my track set off since my last CFRA event at Sears Point, mainly because they're bad ***!

Your car looks great!

pilotjosh,

My track wheels are a custom made forged monobloc design Finspeed F14's in 18". They are pretty light, although they can be even lighter if you opt for more of the race wheel milling that Daniel offers.

Daniel at Finspeed is awesome and he worked with me on every part of the design process. I really wanted that concave/waterfall look and he did a special traditional track wheel lip for me that I thought would be more suited to the look of 993's. They are very aggressive looking. Anyway they are done in Gunmetal and look really nice. Pictures don't do them justice and really should be seen in person.

Hey Brian, I knew you'd pick me off! Can't get anything by you...

Steve
Old 09-03-2014, 08:30 PM
pilotjosh
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveG.
Jlaa,

Yup, that was me. I was doing some family errands as well and parked way out in left field as I always do when I'm driving the 993.

I figured you might be on the list when I parked by you. I noticed that your car was well put together with suspension work, Tramont RS Cups ordered with an aggressive offset, and an exhaust. I have a set of Tramonts as well when I don't have my track wheels on. I haven't taken my track set off since my last CFRA event at Sears Point, mainly because they're bad ***!

Your car looks great!

pilotjosh,

My track wheels are a custom made forged monobloc design Finspeed F14's in 18". They are pretty light, although they can be even lighter if you opt for more of the race wheel milling that Daniel offers.

Daniel at Finspeed is awesome and he worked with me on every part of the design process. I really wanted that concave/waterfall look and he did a special traditional track wheel lip for me that I thought would be more suited to the look of 993's. They are very aggressive looking. Anyway they are done in Gunmetal and look really nice. Pictures don't do them justice and really should be seen in person.

Hey Brian, I knew you'd pick me off! Can't get anything by you...

Steve
Wheels look great and sound expensive. Nice job on them!

Thanks,
Josh
Old 09-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveG.
Jlaa,

Your car looks great!

Steve

Hah! I knew it was a rennlister! Pleased to meet you! I noticed the exhaust tips (non rolled), 993 badging, the wheels, the seats, and the track tires. Then my daughter told me not to be so embarrassing and to stop looking at someone else's car.

Thanks for leaving an empty space between the two cars <-- that was really considerate.

Quick Reply: 993 @ Target - Daly City, CA